+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reuqirement of Live-in caregiver program

Mossie109

Oct 30, 2011
Dear Everyone,

I would like to come Canada to study Early Childhood Education/ Assistant Course at Gerogo Brown College or Centennial College. However, before i apply the course, i wonder after finished the course, did i qualified to be eligible of live-in caregiver program that stated from Citizenship and Immigration Canada???

They stated that one of reuqirement of Live-in caregiver program below:
Must have 6 months full-time training in a classroom setting. Areas of study could be early childhood education, geriatric care, pediatric nursing or first aid.

Appreciated that can someone provide some advise for me.

Best Regards
Mossie109

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
why would you like to go to lcp route when and if your finished your course you have privileged to apply open work permit (pgwp) depend how long you take the course. Minimum of one year pgwp for a one yr course and up to 3 yrs.

Mossie109

Oct 30, 2011
Thank you for your reply.

Why i would like to go to LCP route, becasue i want to get work experience thru live-in caregiver/Nanny to be eligible to apply for permanent residence (24 months of authorized full-time employment, or a total 3,900hrs (within a minimum of 22 months which may include a maximum of 390 hours of overtime) of authorized full-time employment.

But i do not have any full time training, that why if i want come to study ECE Assitant course, it takes around 30 weeks (2 semesters) and get the qaulification to apply LCP and look for job offer to be live-in caregive or Nanny.

The question is that ECE assitant qualify to be eligible of live-in caregive program that stated from CIC website?

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
i think that you have to find out / inquire on the school you are going to enroll. i heard about caregiver school available in canada. i just dont know if they accept international students. or better yet come here as a tourist visa and then enroll on those schools.

and then if you finished the course apply initial work permit outside Canada in the buffalo or seattle office. you might need US Visa in case they ask you for an interview.