+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

returned applicaton Oct 2021

aiman.b

Nov 26, 2015
Hi all,

After 11 months of waiting with no single update - online application Oct 2021 (outland), I received a letter today in my email stating that my application is returned for the following reason our office processes family class sponsorship applications where the Primary Applicant resides in Canada. I clearly mentioned that it is an outland application and I am 100% sure that I chose the (outland application in the portal).
I can now see that it's now changed to an inland application in the online PR portal (Which I am 100% sure I have not picked). I can also see that this has been an issue for a lot of applicants here.
Could this be resolved in any way? could it be a glitch in the system?
I cannot imagine reapplying and waiting for the application to be processed from the scratch.
I contacted my MP but no reply.

Kindly help.

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I can’t think of anything to try to fix your situation as this a new system. All I can think of is that all of those applicants who have applied as outland should send a webform complaining that there has been a problem with the portal and that is not your fault.

Maybe they will investigate the issue if many people complaint they’ve had the same problem.

It would have been better if you had proof of your application details back then. If not, you can only hope they will look into this.

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Also, have you thought of contacting a news outlet? Sometimes when stories like this make it to the news they draw the government's attention to your case and others who are in the same situation.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This is a glitch that has happened to others, 100% escalate to your MP, the mInister's office and if you want to media or others. It is an error and there are too many reports for it to just be a fat-finger mistake by applicants - and I note that a bucnh of them all in the last three or four weeks,

It's also remarkably idiotic because even IF the applicants had made an error in selecting outland vs inland, they could redirect to a different office with push of a button. In fact when postal apps were sent to the wrong address, IRCC just re-routed with internal mail. So this SMELLS like IRCC trying to get rid of a backlog by being strict about somethign that looks to be an error but is actuallhy their fault anyway.