+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Returned Application - Citizenship

graymatters242

Dec 4, 2018
Hi,

I submitted my application last july and it got returned due to a checkbox I forgot to check. It didn't get to my until December. I am resubmitting it. However, I just want to make sure I'm getting it all right this time around.

1. Should I write them a letter mentioning anything? Should I attach their letter from returned application?
2. My photo was taken after the application was signed. Is this a problem? For instance: Application signed: 2nd February but photo was taken on 13th February.

Thank you!

amira041

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1mars2013
Med's Done....
10january2013
Interview........
14november2013
Passport Req..
02january2014
VISA ISSUED...
8/01/2014
LANDED..........
10february2014
Hi,

I submitted my application last july and it got returned due to a checkbox I forgot to check. It didn't get to my until December. I am resubmitting it. However, I just want to make sure I'm getting it all right this time around.

1. Should I write them a letter mentioning anything? Should I attach their letter from returned application?
2. My photo was taken after the application was signed. Is this a problem? For instance: Application signed: 2nd February but photo was taken on 13th February.

Thank you!
Oh I'm sorry to hear that.they send it back after a long time!!!
I think you should .write a letter with your application.and ask them urgent processing.it's better to be safe ,make new pictures.good luck!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Oh I'm sorry to hear that.they send it back after a long time!!!
I think you should .write a letter with your application.and ask them urgent processing.it's better to be safe ,make new pictures.good luck!
There is no point in asking for urgent processing if you don't meet the criteria. If your application is returned, it starts at the very end of the queue all over again. Make sure you submit up to date forms (Oct 2017 or later) and that your application is not now out of date for resubmission.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-canadian-citizenship-adults.html

Sign and date the application form with the signature you use on other official documents. Make sure the dates and signature are the same on your application form and printout of your Online Physical Presence Calculator.

Note: Your application will be returned to you if it is:

• not signed and dated
  • dated more than 90 days before we receive it
  • post-dated (dated into the future)
  • make sure that the date of signature on the application and the date on the physical presence calculator printout are the same
You must be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship the day before you sign the application form.

(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step4)

Last edited:
Reactions: amira041

graymatters242

Dec 4, 2018
There is no point in asking for urgent processing if you don't meet the criteria. If your application is returned, it starts at the very end of the queue all over again. Make sure you submit up to date forms (Oct 2017 or later) and that your application is not now out of date for resubmission.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-canadian-citizenship-adults.html

Sign and date the application form with the signature you use on other official documents. Make sure the dates and signature are the same on your application form and printout of your Online Physical Presence Calculator.

Note: Your application will be returned to you if it is:

• not signed and dated
  • dated more than 90 days before we receive it
  • post-dated (dated into the future)
  • make sure that the date of signature on the application and the date on the physical presence calculator printout are the same
You must be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship the day before you sign the application form.

(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step4)

Thank you!
What do you mean by "that your application is not now out of date for resubmission." I have reprinted the main application form - changed the eligibility date matching the date im going to be signing the application and also changed the dates on my online presence calculator.

I would however like to know if I need to attach the letter they sent me and if I should be writing anything back?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you!
What do you mean by "that your application is not now out of date for resubmission." I have reprinted the main application form - changed the eligibility date matching the date im going to be signing the application and also changed the dates on my online presence calculator.

I would however like to know if I need to attach the letter they sent me and if I should be writing anything back?
If you are applying with new forms etc, you are fine. Sometimes applicants are able to just fix the error and send the same forms back again. Yours are more than 90 days old, so you can't.

There is no requirement for the letter.

Reactions: amira041

graymatters242

Dec 4, 2018
If you are applying with new forms etc, you are fine. Sometimes applicants are able to just fix the error and send the same forms back again. Yours are more than 90 days old, so you can't.

There is no requirement for the letter.

Thank you, that makes sense!
So no need to attach the letter that they sent either?