+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reschedule oath ceremony for second time

Juela

Dec 17, 2016
Hello everybody
I was obligated to postpone oath ceremony for second time.
Now I'm afraid that cic can close my file.
Has anybody the same experience of rescheduling for second time.please share your experience.
Thank you

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
why are you not able to attend it even 2nd time, it only takes 3-4 hrs in 1 day....

Most people make effort to attend it right away when scheduled.

Are you out of the country ??

I'm not sure how many times CIC allows re-schedule. You need to present to CIC the evidence to support your request. It better be very good to ask for 3rd chance....

Juela

Dec 17, 2016
I was outside canada due to an emergency and couldnt came back in time.
Hope so much to have another chance.
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Juela said:
I was outside canada due to an emergency and couldnt came back in time.
Hope so much to have another chance.
Thanks
1. I think that IRCC is not going to give a 2nd deferment. From CIC

"Ceremony (oath) no-show

Applicants are given one opportunity to appear for their citizenship ceremony and take the oath of citizenship using notice CIT 0024. Those who do not attend their ceremony will not be rescheduled automatically into a new event.

Applicants who do not or cannot attend their event must notify CIC within 30 days from the date of their event. Applicants must provide a reasonable excuse for not being able to attend their event.

Apr 18, 2019
I was supposed to take oath with my minor son as a Canadian Citizen but I had to reschedule him because his passport was for renewal. When I got a notice for his second schedule to take oath in just a month, it is my Canadian passport that is under process! I went to the Canadian Consulate and Visa Processing Centre for solutions but time does not permit it. Can i reschedule his ceremony for the second time? My reasons are valid and i have documents to support my claim. Thank you!