+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Requesting a one-letter answer

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
In 2013, an IT company had filed my H1B petition which was denied for reasons specific to the employment contract (nothing about me)....

In the PR application, there are two questions :

1) been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2) been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

My rationale, shared by some of the forum members too ----
------------------------------------
The petition was refused; not visa. Visa is something we apply at the embassy. I never went there.

Difference between visa and petition is similar to difference between flour and bread. If shopkeeper didn't give me flour, it doesn't mean doctor banned me to have bread.
------------------------------------

For H1B petition denials, what do we answer to these questions -
1. Yes to both
2. No to both
3. Yes to first, no to second
4. No to first, yes to second

I am so far inclined towards the option #4. Request you all to share your thoughts. You can give a one-letter answer by replying 1, 2, 3 or 4.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Are you willing to risk that when the US discloses this to Canada during background check that Canada agrees it wasn't being denied a visa?

I see your rationale and it makes sense. But part of me thinks I would write "yes" and then in the explanation state "an H1B petition was denied, and I'm unsure if that was a visa denial."