+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Report Illegal Immigrant

Discussion in 'General - All Canadian Immigration' started by Amhara, Nov 20, 2009.

  1. Please tell my how I can report an illegal immigrant. This person is American. It would not matter but it's not fair to those who have worked hard and paid a lot and have come here legally. I would like to remain anonymous when I report.
  2. Canada Border Services has their tip line: 1-800-461-9999. They will do an investigation and see deport anyone who is working illegally.
  3. Thanks for your quick reply. This person is not working but is staying here illegally. Can I call the same number?
  4. what area of Canada?
  5. Currently this person is in Ontario
  6. Yes, call and report them to the CBSA. They will take appropriate measures from there.
  7. What area of Ontario?
  8. This person is in Toronto and has been living there for the last 3 years.
  9. is he a US citizen? it might be difficult to prove that he is illegal in Canada.
  10. There is no difficulty whatsoever. They record your date of entry even if they don't stamp your passport, so they will always know if they check someone up.

  11. If this person is married to a Canadian Citizen can he deported even though he has been here illegally for a number of years? They got married before the 6 months visit period was up.
  12. Yes, being married to a Canadian actually doesn't mean anything unless you have a pending application or current status.
  13. How did you come about the information that he is here illegally? There is a strong probability a sponsorship is in progress or he is already a PR. Three years is a long time without doing anything.
  14. The spouse on many occasions has stated this fact.

    Can I remain anonymous when I call the CBSA?
  15. If you overstay you are illegal no matter what applications you have pending (unless you are on implied status).

Share This Page