+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renouncing PR status and applying for TRV

NicoleR

Feb 22, 2015
Hello, my Mother's PR card expired last year and she was not able to stay in Canada long enough to renew the PR card.
I was thinking of Renouncing the PR status and reapply TRV so she could come and visit.

I was wondering if I could do both online? Or do I have to submit forms and documents for both applications to the immigration office?

Thank you very much for your help!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC actually has this new application form in order to renounce your PR status, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/voluntarily-renounce.asp

It does say in the instruction guide that she can apply for a TRV at the same time. You can find the TRV application forms here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

Dec 9, 2009
Leon please help me I am going for PR renewal and in the renewal form they are asking Address History, your address history since becoming a PR.

I stayed in Canada for about two and half year and remaining period at my home country so i have to give the address of places lived in Canada as well as in home country or

just the address of Canada is enough. And I also like to know from you what are the documents that I have to enclosed with the renewal application.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
21685 said:
Leon please help me I am going for PR renewal and in the renewal form they are asking Address History, your address history since becoming a PR.

I stayed in Canada for about two and half year and remaining period at my home country so i have to give the address of places lived in Canada as well as in home country or

just the address of Canada is enough. And I also like to know from you what are the documents that I have to enclosed with the renewal application.
you have to list all addresses, regardless of whether they were in Canada or not.