+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Removal of open work permit health services conditions Work Permit

amihoss

Sep 15, 2023
Hey there, my mother has an Open Work Permit but with health services conditions
To remove them, according to the IRCC i must yet again fill out the imm5710 but this time I must select Other instead of Open Work Permit, and explain in the Other field.
however, this seems to make the form think I must enter employer details even though an open work permit application doesnt need it, I know this as the previous initial work permit application didn’t need any employer info and the form validated without them.

but now, with Other selected, the form will not validate. Is validation strictly necessary? If so, what can I do? Can I write N/A in them or something? When Other is selected, is the employer information mandated by the IRCC to be filled out or the form is just glitching?
Picture here:

I have also found contradictory information regarding how to change the conditions
This page instructs me to choose Other and say that I want to remove conditions in the "other field"
If you’re a work permit holder, you must submit an application to change your work permit conditions, with all the required documents On the IMM 5710 form, for 1 a) under “Details of intended work in Canada”, select “Other”. Also on the IMM 5710 form, for 1 b) under “Other”, write that you need the conditions removed (not authorized to work in childcare, primary/secondary school teachings, health service field occupations).
While the following page says that the other field is strictly reserved for some specific employees and jobs, which my mother isn't a part of
Who should select “Other” Choose “Other” only if you’re applying to extend your status in Canada to work for a foreign mission or international organization recognized under the Foreign Missions and International Organizations Act foreign government or bridge or tunnel authority
I am very confused by this, I would appreciate any help

pour

Feb 25, 2024
Hi Amirhossein did you happen to find the answer to your question? I am in the same situation.