+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Registering a business and also about taxes

Muns59

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Hi all. I was hoping to get some advice on this issue or information directing me on how to find out more about it. I want to buy health food / snack products and send them to my home country to sell to earn some income. I am currently unemployed. It is very small scale and planning to send via a shipping barrel mixed with personal effects to my home country.
All the wholesale companies that provide these goods at wholesale prices in Toronto require a registered business number to access the cheaper prices.
If I register a business name what is required of me after? My value of goods is going to be very minimal, maybe 1000-2000 cdn of health food snacks.
If I register a business name would I have to file taxes separate for the business? Also is there any advantage of me being gst / hst registered since my sales would be very low?
If I need to seek professional advice on this who do I visit? And does it even make since to seek professional advice for such a small scale venture?
Thanks for reading. Hoping for some guidance. Thank you

drkosamia

Aug 29, 2014
Surat
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Nomination.....
20-01-2015
AOR Received.
10-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
17-02-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Passport Req..
04-09-2015
I have received my Bn and import/ Export number by calling CRA and amazingly it's done in only 7 minutes. Also, we need not worry about tax as long as our transaction is under CDN 30000 then we have to apply for GST/HST/PST by calling them. By the way, I live in BC and you have to check your local province rules first.