+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Registered nurse from India to work in Canada

usmalu

Dec 22, 2009
Hello there,

I am new to this forum. Let me present you the situation and see what happens.

My sister-in-law is a registered nurse in India. She passed ILTES and CGFNS to go to the USA. But because of RETROGRESSION, she hasn't gotten the visa to the US. Instead of waiting for the US, she would like to work in Canada. My brother is a chief accountant in Dubai for a multinational company. He had applied last year for permanent residency and got rejected in the initial assessment by the Canada. Most likely the agency, he used might not supplied enough evidence to support it.

So what's her chances of getting a work permit? Will her husband's denial affect the application for work permit? Does anyone know any agency which process from finding a job through the work permit? How long will it take to get a work permit?

Please any input will help. Thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
usmalu said:
Hello there,

I am new to this forum. Let me present you the situation and see what happens.

My sister-in-law is a registered nurse in India. She passed ILTES and CGFNS to go to the USA. But because of RETROGRESSION, she hasn't gotten the visa to the US. Instead of waiting for the US, she would like to work in Canada. My brother is a chief accountant in Dubai for a multinational company. He had applied last year for permanent residency and got rejected in the initial assessment by the Canada. Most likely the agency, he used might not supplied enough evidence to support it.

So what's her chances of getting a work permit? Will her husband's denial affect the application for work permit? Does anyone know any agency which process from finding a job through the work permit? How long will it take to get a work permit?

Please any input will help. Thanks
Hi,

Your sister can apply for PR under the skilled workers' category since her occupation is one of the 38 listed.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list

She can also try to look for an employer who would apply for a LMO in her favor before she can apply for a work permit. She can try searching job banks and websites for prospective employers.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
There are a couple of things she can do to improve her chances of obtaining employment. Nursing is a regulated profession, she will need to get licensed in Canada before she can work. Here are a couple of useful sites:

http://www.cna-nurses.ca/CNA/nursing/becoming/international/default_e.aspx

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/lifeevents/credentials.shtml

http://www.cicic.ca/en/professions.aspx?sortcode=2.19.21&prof=3152

It would help if she has some idea in Canada where (which province) she might want to work, as nurses are credentialed at the provincial level...

For British Columbia:
http://www.healthmatchbc.org/HMBC_employers.asp?pageid=674

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nurses are in very high demand and are among the easiest professions to immigrate in in many countries.

While you definitely qualify for the federal skilled worker program, I'd look into the PNPs (Provincial Nomination Programs) as well for the province(s) you are interested in. If you are able to apply for one of them they tend to be quicker than the federal program.

Best of luck!

suba87

Jan 7, 2013
UK Nursing Registration without IELTS
A never before opportunity for Indian Nurses to practice in NHS for a year and qualify to register as R.N. in UK, without Adaptation and IELTS!

A pre-approved programme that leads to R.N. registration on successful completion without any conditions. No Adaptation and No IELTS requirement.

Highlights :

• Entry even without “IELTS”
• GNM Nurses will gain a BSc Degree
• BSc Nurses will gain a UK Qualification
• Permitted to do 20 hours part time job per week
• A fantastic opportunity to get trained in NHS Trust Hospitals in UK
• Unconditional acceptance for registration as RN on completion of the course
• Doubtless chance to be hired as an RN even by one of the NHS Trust Hospitals.

You may choose one of the below mentioned specializations:

• Pre- registration Nursing (Adult): - This course covers the different areas of Adult Nursing which includes the Principles and Practice of Nursing Adults and Sciences Applied to Adult Nursing.

• Pre- registration Nursing (Child): - The Child branch of the Bachelor of Nursing award focuses on working with children and families and the caring for the children with enduring health needs.

• Pre- registration Nursing (Learning Disabilities): - This course enables the student to understand the Management of Care in Learning Disability Nursing and the Context of Care within Nursing.

• Pre- registration Nursing (Mental Health): - Covering the different areas of Mental Health Nursing, this award focuses on Mental Health and Professional Development and Helping Approaches in Mental Health Nursing.

• Pre- registration Nursing (Midwifery): - This course allows students to gain entry to the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) register, enabling them to take on the full role of a midwife within the UK and the EC.

Other Options;

• BSc. Nurses may opt to study 1 year for an MSc Degree, (Nursing) Professional Practice
• GNM Nurses may opt to study 1 year for BSc. (Nursing) Degree, Professional Practice.

Both the above said BSc and MSc programmes offered as an attractive package:-

A 6 months PAID work placement is offered immediately after the 1 year study and more over, if the student is able to provide an IELTS test result with the required level of scores then, ONP (Adaptation) will be offered to the students without any additional costs, by the University together with an approved Health Care setting in UK, which is periodically assessed by the University as associate provider.

Please feel free to contact us, in case you any queries OR
to proceed further.

Contact details:
KCR Consultants
+91 9840947417 / info@kcrconsultants.com