+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding port entry..urgent help

itzsh113

Aug 27, 2018
Bangladesh
Expert help needed

Can I do my immigration at Vancouver instead of charlottetwon,prince edward.. I want to book my ticket on 13th sept..while its too expensive if I book ticket Dhaka to Charlottetwon .. so will I face any problem if i check in via Vancouver?

Another query.. I got ticket(cathay pacific) in online 15k(200usd nearly) less than travel agencies.. but it has 2 transits(hk,taiwan) with total 22 hour flight and transit duration.. will I have any problem for that ?

Travels agencies suggested me to go via 1 transit..else I might face problem

Thanks in Advance

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So you have a connecting flight Vancouver to Charlottetown ? In which case you would clear immigration at Vancouver anyway as the first POE. Allow at least 3 hours for the connection. You would always clear immigration at the first POE into Canada which suspect unlikely to be Charlottetown whichever route you take.

Can not advise on transit whether your passport requires a transit visa for those countries, often not but you will need check the country websites.

itzsh113

Aug 27, 2018
Bangladesh
I do not have direct connecting flight. Thinking to book domestic ticket following. Is there any problem if i enter through Vancouver instead of Charlottetown? I have cousin who lives in Vancouver. He will book domestic ticket for me

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As I said you would not have Chalottetown as your first POE whichever route you take so would likely be either Vancouver or Toronto where you would clear immigration and customs.

Others can comment as well but I do not see it as a problem as long as you can show your college confirmation documentation and your onward flight booking to Charlottetown. As said you have no choice where you clear immigration and customs as that will always be your first entry point into Canada.

Reactions: itzsh113

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
There is no problem you can do entry at any airport, be sure to have the onward ticket in case of questions by the officer.

Google the transit visa rules of those countries but I believe you need a visa to transit through Hong Kong even if you never leave airport.