+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Police Clearance Certificate ( PCC)

manvi

Apr 9, 2009
Dear memebers

I have to submit my full docs to VISA office in 120 days time.

I have question regarding PCC - Is it mandatory to obtain PCC from every city where you have lived after 18 years. I basically belong to Batala ( Punjab ) . I have lived there for 20 years.

Afterthat I did my job in many cities of Punjab . I lived in Jalandhar for 2 years , and than in Ludhiana 2 years . Now I am in Chandigarh and is living here since 3 years.

So I have lived in 4 cities ,so do I need to get PCC for each city. It is quite cumbersome becoz i have been living on lease in each city except my home town Batala .

Please guide me what I can do in this situation.

Your help should be appreacited.

Regards

Manvi

sapanaB

Apr 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
04-01-2011
Hi Manvi,

You will have to get only one PCC from your regional passport office.

Plz find the details for the same here.

http://passport.gov.in/pms/Police%20Clearance%20Certificate.htm

You need to give the address proof and they dont accept rent agreement for that.

You can give your bank account statement for the account which has your current address.
Also it is mentioned on the website that

A set of three completed Personal Particulars Form if the applicant has not stayed at the present address for the last one year

But they ask for it anyways so better be prepared and also carry 6-7 recent passport size photographs.

Cheers
Sapana

manvi

Apr 9, 2009
Dear Sehzd & SapanaB

Thanks for your replies.

I would like to share with you guys that my Passport entails my home town address but that I have been living ouside my home town from last 7-8 years on rent basis. So If I send only PCC from my homwtown , will it be adequate to suit VISA office requirements.

Please clear me on this.

Regards

Manvi

sapanaB

Apr 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
04-01-2011
Manvi,
The PCC is not town specific, you can get 1 PCC from your regional passport office which is not necessarily the passport office from where you got your passport.
e.g. If you are residing in Amritsar and can provide proof for the same then you can get your PCC from Amritsar even if your passport was issued by Chandigarh passport office.

I have used above name only for illustration and I dont actually know if there is any regional passport office in Amritsar.
Again you can find more details here.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

sapanaB

Apr 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
04-01-2011
Also If you have not stayed at your hometown for 7-8 years , It will be difficult for you to show it as your current address and thus you wont be able to get the PCC from your hometown.

For PCC, its just the current address (if you have stayed there for more than 1 year) that matters and not your addresses in last 7-8 years.

SapanaB

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
overall - 8 (7 above in each)
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
I stayed in gurgaon for 1 year working there. 2 years i stayed in shariah as well. I am basically from Chandigarh. I asked the gurgaon authorities and they said they give pcc to residents of the area only. So i went to Chandigarh Police Headquarters, filled the form with dates that from when to when did i stay in Chandigarh. So leaving 2 years of sharjah i filled that i had stayed in chandigarh all the while(including 1 year of gurgaon). Got the PCC after 2 days. Sent it to CHC. CHC guys happy. Got my visa.

If anyone had asked from me then "Chandigarh is my permanent residence, so will get PCC from here only".....

U are basically been in punjab..be it various cities.

If your passport and the VoterID card shows your hometown address then get that pcc from there as the police look at these two documents when issuing your pcc no need to tell them the secret.....jad main apna PCC issue karwaya si tad vi ehi do ducuments mange si ohna ne

Mannushar

Jun 14, 2010
Hi, I am a new member in this forum. My querry is also related to PCC from India. Actually I am a Nepalse citizen but was in Garhwal University, Srinagar for my M.Sc. Forestry Education (2 yrs) in between 1997-1999. Now I am in the UK, thinking to apply to canada, how to get PCC for the above period from India? I hope the experienced members of the forum will guide me in this issue.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Mannushar said:
Hi, I am a new member in this forum. My querry is also related to PCC from India. Actually I am a Nepalse citizen but was in Garhwal University, Srinagar for my M.Sc. Forestry Education (2 yrs) in between 1997-1999. Now I am in the UK, thinking to apply to canada, how to get PCC for the above period from India? I hope the experienced members of the forum will guide me in this issue.
First, follow the application instructions and the information on the CIC website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp

"Non-Resident Requests
Applicants should contact the Indian embassy or consulate."

If you have done that but still need help, ask again and tell us why that didn't work...