+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reg - Cosigner while filling-out IMM1344

shafee786

Mar 14, 2024
I, the sponsor came back to Canada and my residency status is PR. My wife is also a PR and we are blessed with a baby boy last year born in India . My wife and my baby are staying back home in INDIA and I came back to Canada . I am planning to apply for a PR for my child under family class sponsorship for dependent child.

My question is :
  1. While filing IMM 1344, it is asking for a cosigner, if i said yes, then in the cosigner section it is mentioned that, Do you reside in Canada and in no other country ? . Should i need to answer yes or no for this question.
    As my wife is a PR and she will be travelling back along with my baby once the PR is approved for my child. Till then she will be in India. As she has the PR status in Canada, can I give yes to this question ? or no ?
  2. If I answer yes to this question , I can submit her PR details and other proofs to prove her residency status such as photo card, tax filing document. But if I answer no, then in the document checklist IMM 5534 section 6 , it is asking for IMM5604 to provide, but she still will be accompanying with my child once my child got PR. So should i submit this document or can i provide the LETTER OF EXPLANATION stating that she will be accompanying my child, only for delivery purpose , she is currently in India ?
  3. I would request, if anyone faced the above scenarios, please help me on how you guys overcome this situation and what approach you followed to get your application approved
  4. Should I need to submit IMM5476 for submitting by PR for my child or not ?
  5. My last question is , which process is quicker , if applying TRV or TPR for my child and once they are back here, applying PR for my child is better or directly applying for PR is better ?

Thanks,
Shafee

Last edited: