+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Thank you so much.
I just need to go to the Canada post and tell them I will send this documents to the this address (Quebec) by courier?
Yes, I personally prepared my full application and scanned it all for my records (in case it gets lost etc.) and then I put it in an A4 envelope and wrote the Quebec address on the front of it in the centre.

Then I took it to canada post and I can't remember, they either just used the envelope I had prepared or I got another envelope from them. I think as long as there is enough space on the envelope you prepared for them to attach the stickers it should be okay (and you wont have to buy another envelop from them).

Tell them you want to send it to the Quebec address with a tracking option and theyll tell you how much (more expensive for quicker service).

Reactions: Canadian_rainbow

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Yes, I personally prepared my full application and scanned it all for my records (in case it gets lost etc.) and then I put it in an A4 envelope and wrote the Quebec address on the front of it in the centre.

Then I took it to canada post and I can't remember, they either just used the envelope I had prepared or I got another envelope from them. I think as long as there is enough space on the envelope you prepared for them to attach the stickers it should be okay (and you wont have to buy another envelop from them).

Tell them you want to send it to the Quebec address with a tracking option and theyll tell you how much (more expensive for quicker service).
Thank you. Very helpful information. I hope everything goes well for you.

I know someone she received her RTD in 2 months. It was last week. She was shocked. It was not urgent. No travel date. (She said all). I don't know. People waiting for long time I see.

Reactions: ref19to22

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Someone say if you check on Ecas and doesn't work that mean the process haven't started yet , this what I want to Confirmed here wether it's TRUE.
Someone or others say something all the time. But this means it will not exactly happen as they said. First you should ask this under the right topic. Here is for RTD. You can find many people to see your question in the right place.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Of what I understood, the ONTARIO address is for regular mail and the QUEBEC address is for courier.

I would recommend sending it by courier/traceable mail to the QUEBEC address, that is what I did and having the tracking number and delivery confirmation helped me when I was following up with IRCC after sending the application (They asked for the tracking number at some point)

I just used the cheapest option with Canada Post to track the application.

You need to provide at least one (1) document to support your identity.
Can I put just one Id? Is that okay? Are they going to say we have two sections why you did put just one id? (I will just have ohip card. I don't have any Id.)
Is brown paper ( refugee protection document) Id?

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
You need to provide at least one (1) document to support your identity.
Can I put just one Id? Is that okay? Are they going to say we have two sections why you did put just one id? (I will just have ohip card. I don't have any Id.)
Is brown paper ( refugee protection document) Id?
yes brown paper is ID and should be provided, see below.

in SECTION 3 of the application they ask for proof of immigration status, this should be your NOD. Then the document number (RPD file #) and issue date (of brown paper/refugee protection claimant document). you should provide copy of both with the rpcd certified

then in SECTION 6 you need another ID which is different from section 3, so you can provide a copy of your OHIP card here that needs to be certified also by your gaurantor

Sabu61@@

Feb 27, 2023
Hello all.,

I have a question regarding RTD forms. Can anyone please advise how to fill the date signed and location signed? I was able to sign digitally but I can’t seem to type in date I signed and location( like city and province). Just to let you know, I typed in the answers. Thanks

Nancy095

Jul 26, 2019
Hello
I need to travel to Nepal to meet my parents there. I am a travel document holder and Nepal requires sponsorship/invitation from a Nepali citizen. Is there anyone who will be able to help me? I have not met my parents in 10 years and I would really appreciate if someone who’s already travelled there on travel document can assist me.
Thanks in advance.