+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee claim accepted

nalax85

Aug 10, 2017
hello all
I had my refugee hearing yesterday and got approved. I got the decision orally after the hearing.
Can someone please advise me on what to do next?
How long does the paper take to be sent to me?
Thank you in advance

Reactions: kamrannoorsheikh

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
hello all
I had my refugee hearing yesterday and got approved. I got the decision orally after the hearing.
Thank you in advance
2-4 weeks

Mar 29, 2014
hello all
Thank you in advance
_________*****____________________

Good to hear bro,

can u describe me the procedure because i want to apply brother i have canada tourist visa valid

eeshoo

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
congratulation
can you help me what should i do ? means when u arrived in canada which first step u took? should i go to lawyer or means where should i go? i have no way or dont know anybody there.

please please help me i helpless.

thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
congratulation
can you help me what should i do ? means when u arrived in canada which first step u took? should i go to lawyer or means where should i go? i have no way or dont know anybody there.

please please help me i helpless.

thanks in advance
At the border when you approach immigration or border control tell them you'd like to seek asylum in Canada.

eeshoo

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
At the border when you approach immigration or border control tell them you'd like to seek asylum in Canada.
but i have visit visa of canada and now iam in home country... i also visited usa and came to my home country

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
but i have visit visa of canada and now iam in home country... i also visited usa and came to my home country
You asked what is the first step if you want to apply for asylum in Canada. The first step would be to enter Canada and approach immigration or border agent and declare that you want to claim asylum. There is no guarantee you will be granted asylum especially since you have entered the US and the returned to your home country. The asylum process has been overwhelmed by the number of asylum seekers this year so expect the asylum process to take 1-2 years. You can be denied after all that time. You may want to consult with a lawyer to see what are your chances of being granted asylum once they have heard the reason you are seeking asylum and your recent travel history.

eeshoo

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
You asked what is the first step if you want to apply for asylum in Canada. The first step would be to enter Canada and approach immigration or border agent and declare that you want to claim asylum. There is no guarantee you will be granted asylum especially since you have entered the US and the returned to your home country. The asylum process has been overwhelmed by the number of asylum seekers this year so expect the asylum process to take 1-2 years. You can be denied after all that time. You may want to consult with a lawyer to see what are your chances of being granted asylum once they have heard the reason you are seeking asylum and your recent travel history.
Thanks for response in Brief..... but iam from minorities and also have big issues in our country for minorities. still have chance for rejection of asylum? and i have visit visa of canada so ia have no need to go to border. and second point is why i didnot file asylum in usa ? becuase that time newly elected president of usa changed policies for asylum seekers and created troubles for asylum seekers in usa. thatswhy i was afraid. and most of asylum seekers were trying to move to canada thru usa borders.

please suggest in this regard.

thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for response in Brief..... but iam from minorities and also have big issues in our country for minorities. still have chance for rejection of asylum? and i have visit visa of canada so ia have no need to go to border. and second point is why i didnot file asylum in usa ? becuase that time newly elected president of usa changed policies for asylum seekers and created troubles for asylum seekers in usa. thatswhy i was afraid. and most of asylum seekers were trying to move to canada thru usa borders.

please suggest in this regard.

thanks
Only you can make this decision. Although the atmosphere in the US may have changed the immigration policies haven't and your recent travels to the US and your return to your home country will be an issue. There are still plenty of people claiming asylum in the US. Unless you have been personally persecuted it is difficult to get asylum based on being a minority. If possible I would consult an immigration lawyer for an opinion before uprooting your life.

eeshoo

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Only you can make this decision. Although the atmosphere in the US may have changed the immigration policies haven't and your recent travels to the US and your return to your home country will be an issue. There are still plenty of people claiming asylum in the US. Unless you have been personally persecuted it is difficult to get asylum based on being a minority. If possible I would consult an immigration lawyer for an opinion before uprooting your life.
can you consult immigration lawyer ? Oh thank you so much .... much appreciated.
we had some issues with our community even with our family too.on these basis can i do? where should i land in Canada which province.??

thank you so much again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Family issues and community issues are usually not reasons for asylum unless there is a threat to your life. Technically you could move to another area ofnyour country. I can not consult an immigration lawyer but you probably should even by email or by phone. Usually you can get a brief consultation consultation. Given that you have a brother in Canada it may make sense to live in the same city or province as him so that he can help you.