+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference letter - PR

arun_a_r

Sep 14, 2017
Dear Friends,
I worked in my previous company for four years, but there is a 3 month gap in between (This time i resigned, joined in another company and came back). I had a good term with the HR manager and he provided the proper reference letter covering this 3 months also (Mean a letter with the entire 4 years, though my designation and salary changed few times, they put the latest figures).
Now i thought for a while and thinking to be honest and head that there might be some verification and there is a slight chance that my company might tell about this gap in between. But now the HR is not ready to give me separate reference letter. I am in tension now. I have 2 options:

1. Go ahead with the letter they have provided which also covers the 3 month gap (This is a genuine document provided by the company HR with his signature, seal and letter head) (But a minor chance if CIC conduct back ground verification)
2.Avoid submitting the reference letter and provide other substitute documents

Please advice.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
What I would do is:
- Mention the actual last day in the eAPR which results in 3 years and 9 months. (Should not affect your EE points, but do check your FSW points)
- Submit any proof that you left the company 3 months before what's written. Payslips or bank statement showing last salary remittance should work.
- Mention in your LOE that the reference letter's end date is a mistake in the letter. The fact that you're showing that you have 3 months LESS shouldn't raise any concerns to be honest.

EDIT: Sorry I misread that you left in between. You could say something like, HR's letter template did not remove a 3 months gap where I joined another company. Again, being honest about something will always work in your favour. At the end of the day, your score shouldn't be affected, which is what they care about most.