+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reference Letter from client

ash1640

Oct 8, 2012
Hi,
I went to Canada on intra company transfer and worked in Canada from August 2011 to December 2012. Later I came back to India and resigned from organization and I'm working for other organization.
Now I'm planning to apply for PR in CEC but I don't have reference and when I'm trying to get the letter they are not issuing. In meantime I'm able to get reference letter from the client where I worked.
Is it fine if I apply PR on client reference letter.
Thanks for any advice

htrak

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-03-2014
Med's Done....
24-03-2014
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
ash1640 said:
Hi,
I went to Canada on intra company transfer and worked in Canada from August 2011 to December 2012. Later I came back to India and resigned from organization and I'm working for other organization.
Now I'm planning to apply for PR in CEC but I don't have reference and when I'm trying to get the letter they are not issuing. In meantime I'm able to get reference letter from the client where I worked.
Thanks for any advice
As far as I know, letter from employer plays a very important role. I have seen in this forum that there are rejections due to missing employer letter. If you can't get letter from previous employer, then you can write an explantion letter with the reason for not including employer letter. But there are chances that it will be rejected, sorry to disappoint you.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ash1640 said:
Hi,
Thanks for any advice
The client reference letter is very important, if your work place was different from your employer's. This is because the client (Canadian) can attest to the job duties you actually performed, and hours worked per week, so it provides support for the skilled work experience.

It cannot replace an employer reference letter, tho, because the client did not pay your salary, so you also need the employer reference letter.

If you ALSO have the client letter, you might be able to get away with not having the employer letter IF you can submit alternative documentation (e.g. contract, letter written to obtain work permit, etc.). You should include a written explanation of what you did to try and get a letter from your former employer, as well as their response.