+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Receiving pr card at the local office

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am waiting on my family pr renewal, question for those who got called to receive there pr card at the local office, do I have to bring the whole family with me,or one person is enough?! I have 3 kids and need to think of logistics of this....

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basharar said:
I am waiting on my family pr renewal, question for those who got called to receive there pr card at the local office, do I have to bring the whole family with me,or one person is enough?! I have 3 kids and need to think of logistics of this....
CIC need to see everyone - they want to know:

1. You are physically present in Canada
2. Verify declared absences by reviewing your travel documents - way too many PRC applicants who forget to copy stamped pages of their passports or fade out the stamps.
3. Can re-check your RO in case you have gone into breach post pick up letter.

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
Re: Receiving pr card at the local office PLS ADVISE

I Have applied for PR renewal ( urgent process ) for me and family , we all met the residency requirement for me more than 920 days and for my family more than 755 days ,21 days after I received a mail says that you can collect your card from local office , bring with you the documents you attached with your application including old and new passports .I did and brought all my family with me , I don't know what happened there they said sorry we cannot give your PR cards now as your wife is too near 730 she is 755 days so you will have an interview with them as we treat your case as a family case , he said they will send me do an interview and then an officer will decide if he is satisfied or no ,

My questions :

1- is this normal procedure ?
2- how long usually it takes to fix an interview ?
3- after how long from the interview I could receive my cards ?
4- what dose it mean to collect your cards , then they changed the whole decision ?
5- I met the residency requirement and since day 1 in Canada iam too straight to honest in everything as I don't want any mistake in my file , as I like to live with a clean history in everything in my life so why you think that happened ?

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When did you apply? Did you submit certified passport translations with the application? Did you submit a photo of every single page in your passports?

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
Yes I did , translation , every single page old and new passport for everyone , I received a mail to come and collect once I went there they changed .

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

MWM said:
I Have applied for PR renewal ( urgent process ) for me and family , we all met the residency requirement for me more than 920 days and for my family more than 755 days ,21 days after I received a mail says that you can collect your card from local office , bring with you the documents you attached with your application including old and new passports .I did and brought all my family with me , I don't know what happened there they said sorry we cannot give your PR cards now as your wife is too near 730 she is 755 days so you will have an interview with them as we treat your case as a family case , he said they will send me do an interview and then an officer will decide if he is satisfied or no ,

My questions :

1- is this normal procedure ?
2- how long usually it takes to fix an interview ?
3- after how long from the interview I could receive my cards ?
4- what dose it mean to collect your cards , then they changed the whole decision ?
5- I met the residency requirement and since day 1 in Canada iam too straight to honest in everything as I don't want any mistake in my file , as I like to live with a clean history in everything in my life so why you think that happened ?
No its not normal procedure. They give PR cards to those whom RO is not in doubt and hold back those for whom RO is in doubt. There is no collective RO unless within narrow grounds. It seems really they doubt all of your family member's declared days including those who meet the RO - well there is the possible aspect of incompetency by CIC too. You are best taking this to your MP. Maybe contact the owner of this forum too his firm may take your business.

eriku

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
To Msafiri

1) What is MP?
2) What do you mean by "gone into breach post pick up letter"? left Canada after receiving their letter?
3) How do you think the local office decided on how "near" someone is to the 730 day rule? The rule is very clear so how come they are being subjective.

thanks

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eriku said:
To Msafiri

1) What is MP?
2) What do you mean by "gone into breach post pick up letter"? left Canada after receiving their letter?
3) How do you think the local office decided on how "near" someone is to the 730 day rule? The rule is very clear so how come they are being subjective.

thanks
1. Member of Parliament (represents people living in an electoral district to the Federal Government).

2. You apply for PRC at day 730 (post re-entry after avoiding report for RO breach) leave Canada at day 731 return after say 3 months to pick up your PR card in person and it turns out you now have 700 days of the RO (to make the math easy) then CIC could take the view you are in breach again! Sorry did you think you could leave Canada after PRC application on day 730, go into RO breach and hope for the best?

3. Could be for several reasons e.g. they note additional entry dates on file not declared and your situation is such that you don't have conclusive proof of physical presence (read unemployed/self employed) then those days or any doubt could easily take you below the 730 days. It seems also CIC may have missed a verification step - its possible this 'family' application was set for internal checks but an admin error may have resulted in a 'pick up letter' being dispatched and caught Local CIC front office off guard.

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014

Msafiri said:
No its not normal procedure. They give PR cards to those whom RO is not in doubt and hold back those for whom RO is in doubt. There is no collective RO unless within narrow grounds. It seems really they doubt all of your family member's declared days including those who meet the RO - well there is the possible aspect of incompetency by CIC too. You are best taking this to your MP. Maybe contact the owner of this forum too his firm may take your business.
Thanks a lot , but is it a bad situation or what ? 100 % we all met Ro , dates are all correct and can be proven .
My daughter at school , we go to doctor always , hospital , my wife give birth 2 times , I have maybe 12 driving fines under payroll till last year and then unemployment insurance , car loan , gym , everything ... Etc and and and , so why ?

Question : from your experience how long it will take to get the interview and if approved do they will give it to me immediately or by mail ?

As the main reason why we traveled a lot during the last 2 years is that my father had to do a liver transplant surgery and he was really in bad condition and he always keep asking me that he wants to see my daughters , plus , we did the surgery last dec and stayed with him almost 3 months at the hospital in turkey which is also not our home country , all reports are with me .

I have more than 927 days my wife nearly 750 , so why ? And what should I do my father is begging me just get the kids 4 one week only , I applied for urgent process , I received come and collect and then easily moved me to an interview for a I don't how many months more .