+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons to request "Urgent Processing"

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
Is joining the army good enough reason?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/grant/canadian-armed-forces.html

Looks like you need to actually join the Canadian Armed Forces as a permanent resident and then serve 1095 days out of six years before making your application, in order to be exempt from the physical presence requirement for citizenship. So it seems that "joining the army" in itself, is not a valid reason, as citizenship is not required to apply for the Canadian Armed Forces.

chameleonimmigrant

Mar 24, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/grant/canadian-armed-forces.html

Looks like you need to actually join the Canadian Armed Forces as a permanent resident and then serve 1095 days out of six years before making your application, in order to be exempt from the physical presence requirement for citizenship. So it seems that "joining the army" in itself, is not a valid reason, as citizenship is not required to apply for the Canadian Armed Forces.
What about this website? It says that I need to be a citizen to join the forces.

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/caf-jobs/apply-now.html

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Just saying u need to join army so u shud be processed early is not admisible ground. You will need an offer letter stating that u have to be canadian citizen for this job, plus you will need a letter from.recruiter saying the same.
Exactly, otherwise tons of people will claim to want to join the army on their citizenship application and ask for urgent processing

chameleonimmigrant

Mar 24, 2019
Exactly, otherwise tons of people will claim to want to join the army on their citizenship application and ask for urgent processing
I would not be able to get an offer if I am not a citizen... Besides, I can just go to a recruiter to get a document saying I do not qualify for the position because I am not a citizen and submit that document for urgent processing, no?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I would not be able to get an offer if I am not a citizen... Besides, I can just go to a recruiter to get a document saying I do not qualify for the position because I am not a citizen and submit that document for urgent processing, no?
The previous replies already made it clear , no

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Well thats the point recruiter needs to give u a comditional offer not just a rejection letter. Trust us the oldies of the forum people have tried so many excuses to request urgent processing with few being very innovative. Forces do give offer conditional to u obtaining citizenship before so and so date if they want to hire u. Else upto u if u want to try. But do include supporting documents else its a straight rejection

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Think about it this way: without citizenship I am not eligible to run for MP in the upcoming election , do you think IRCC would give me urgent processing just because I want to be a MP?

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
What about this website? It says that I need to be a citizen to join the forces.

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/caf-jobs/apply-now.html
I believe if it is in the national interest of Canada, the CAF can waive the citizenship requirement for eligible PR applicants. You'll need to talk to the recruiter and convince them that your skillset would be valuable enough that they would want you so that it would benefit the CAF and Canada.