+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re entry after leaving Canada with expired working visa

Discussion in 'Foreign Workers' started by angie01, Feb 8, 2012.

  1. I'm posting on behalf of my niece, She left Canada with an expired working visa.

    * Can she re enter in Canada again?

    * Before she left, she found an employer to help her re enter the soonest because they need her services. Is that possible?

    * Can she go back to Alberta soon? Or is she banned to re apply for a working visa because she overstayed with an expired visa?

    * How long is the waiting time before she can go back again? She's too worried now. Please assist so I can advice her on what to do next.

    Thank you.
  2. Hi

    1. I would think that she is going to find it difficult to obtain an new visa/work permit as she demonstrated that she didn't obey the Immigration Act, by overstaying on her last visit.
    2. She still needs an approved LMO before she can apply for a work permit.
    3. If she worked without authorization on her last time in Canada, she can't apply until 6 months have passed.
  3. Thanks for the reply.

    I've learned from my niece that her work permit and work visa expired on Dec 2, 2011. As soon as the visa expired she stopped working, she was waiting for the extension that was filed on her behalf. Somebody assisted her. A reply arrived that the application was declined and needs to re apply outside the country... as per advised by a legal counsel to exit voluntary and re apply outside Canada.

    The question is, can she reapply immediately after, say a week or two after exiting Canada? The people she is serving in the HOME were all willing to sign for her LMO including a family who wanted her to work for them....She exited Canada a couple of days ago.

    Please enlighten me with this..thanks.

Share This Page