+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-entering Canada for a short visit with 10 months before PR card expiry

NPconnoisseur

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Med's Done....
September 11th
Hello members,

Mine's not a unique case but with a travel scheduled for Canada in less than a day, wondering what's the appropriate way respond to the questions at the immigration based on my situation.

Since I got my PR back in July 2019, I havw visited Canada a couple of times, but personal situations are such that i couldn't move. A few months ago I decided to finally give up the idea of moving there.

But, I am now having to travel to Alberta for a 3 day work trip. I have no intentions of staying longer than that. However, I'd like for the PR to be not revoked until it's expires and at that I will just not renew ( for obvious reasons).

Can anyone guide me with the proper way of answering the questions at the POE. I don't want to be sent back or have my status revoked for not meeting the residency obligation. I'd also ike to be able to make these short trips until my PR card expires.

I am just anxious about either oversharing or inadvertently saying something stupid that gets misinterpreted by the officials.

Thank you

Last edited: