+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Criminal Record Check for outland applicant

iluvcanadax

Jan 23, 2014
Hello everyone,

While I have vacationed in Canada for a total of about 2 weeks, I have now received a request for "RCMP Criminal Record Check: If your residence period in Canada has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide a certified criminal record check. You must provide an RCMP certified criminal record check based on fingerprints."

As I said above, this does not apply to me. Should I still do it or ignore it? Was this an error? Why are they asking for it?

Thank you.

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
iluvcanadax said:
Hello everyone,

While I have vacationed in Canada for a total of about 2 weeks, I have now received a request for "RCMP Criminal Record Check: If your residence period in Canada has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide a certified criminal record check. You must provide an RCMP certified criminal record check based on fingerprints."

As I said above, this does not apply to me. Should I still do it or ignore it? Was this an error? Why are they asking for it?

Thank you.
Nope its not an error. They require ADR from you. CIC can ask any additional document they want.
You should be able to give biometrics from your country.