AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
I think the number of ITAs are a wrong indicator of how many draws will be happening for the rest of the year.

This is the link for the target of new permanent residents in 2017 under individual categories. They have a target of welcoming 74,000 individuals this year under the categories which concern us. This is the official data on the CIC website, and as more than 25-30% of the ITAs are not converted in PRs. I believe this is no need to publish or point out that only 77,000 ITAs are to be issued this year.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/department/media/notices/2016-10-31.asp

This is number of PRs to be issued this year under the FSW, PNP, CEC categories not the number of ITAs.
ITAs also include PNP candidates so it should be 51000 more.

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Just to mention, this year ITA ppl will land in next year hence they will be serving 2018 target, which is expected to be increased significantly as per the recent report and statement by immigration minister. So stop saying 2017 quota is closed n all.. No body here works for CIC and hence no confirmed statements until and unless CIC itself releases any such statement.. Secondly, all ITA don't get converted in final Landing. Ppl decline ITA, their application gets rejected etc.. So take a chill pill..

danchavacr

Jul 12, 2017
Hi folks!

I'm anxiously awaiting to see if there's a draw today as I'm sure many of you are!

In the meantime I was hoping that you knowledgeable peeps could answer a couple questions I had about this whole process:

1. My wife and I both submitted an EE profile (force of habit due to applications to the US diversity lottery). I see here that you only really need one spouse to apply. Do you think this would be a problem?

2. Is there any known timeline for the OINP? I've seen some people that got it as recently as yesterday. Was the prioritized NOI to IT workers a one-time deal? I'm kicking myself because I had all the paperwork ready since mid-June but didn't get around to submit my EE profile until July 7, which made me miss the Ontario nomination for IT workers.

My stats are: CRS 474, NOC 2171 (5 years of experience) and NOC 2173 (3 years of experience).

I've seen some people saying that you should recreate your profile weekly (!!!) to get a higher chance for nomination. Is this true?

Thank you very much in advance!

Sudhar25

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
I feel IRCIC is waiting for ONIP to complete it's candidate nominations and get a decent figure of 900+CRS candidates for one draw. Once ONIP quota filled up they get back to shoving the CRS near or under 400 (within yearly quota limits). It's a great news for some of my brothers n sisters here and not so great for rest of them.. anyway till the ray of hope shines from within you.. nothing is impossible. Stay positive.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Australia has very limited invites per year. Its really hard to get in there.

Avg profile should be

5 yrs of Work Ex
7 in all mods of IELTS
25-32 Age
Exactly my point!

People just like comparing oranges and apples ;) You hear them talking about how Canada should learn from other countries and make the immigration process transparent.

What these people forget is that Canada is the only country currently that's welcoming economic immigrants in a fair manner - others have already made immigration rules tighter or are in the process of doing so.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Everybody coming with their own idea, i feel who are having onip invitation are quiet they know atleast they one chance to increase their crs top of the table
When you're part of a diverse and throbbing community like this one, you don't just look out for yourself. You hope and pray that all the friends (and even enemies) you've made on this forum join you in the journey sooner or later.

Rant over ;) Thanks for reading ;)

Reactions: andieangel