+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about BC-PNP PR app: biometrics and common law partner fee

kyeno1

Mar 12, 2017
I was recently nominated for PR by BC via express entry pathway of BC PNP. I am in the middle of compiling my documents for my application and have run into a couple issues.

First, biometrics. I have found multiple sources online that state I do not currently need to give biometrics in my situation. I'm currently working in Canada on a private work visa for the employer who is sponsoring me through BC PNP, and I am a citizen of the US. However in the list of documents I need for my application, a police report is one of the required docs. Did I misunderstand what I researched about biometrics, or is this just a default document list and isn't actually required? I imagine I can get finger printed in CA to have sent to the US so I don't have to cross the border during this border closure?

Second, I have a common-law partner who is a Canadian PR but whose PR card expired in 2014 (Hence why I went through BC PNP as my employer was very willing to sponsor me, and we weren't sure if she could sponsor me herself until she came back into PR obligation of 2 years in Canada, which she just recently completed). I listed her as a family member who will be accompanying me to Canada. I imagine this was the correct answer, even though she was already a PR of Canada? Because I listed her this way, it is now prompting me to pay double application fee, for myself and her. The application has not been submitted yet so this is not the final calculated price so perhaps it will correct itself, but I thought I'd ask before going forward with it.

Thank you so much for the help