+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question Regarding Oath

OZZI

Jul 31, 2008
I recently appeared in the citizenship test and without any doubt im pretty sure i cleared it as the test was very simple and for anyone who had read the book even once shouldn't have had much trouble answering the questions . But my question is that how long would it usually take for the Oath ceremony to take place considering factors such as the city i am in which is Toronto secondly the time of year now which is almost holiday season and also will they post the date and time of the oath ceremony on the website as they did for the citizenship test other than also mailing out an official confirmation ? if anyone has been in a similar situation or has any knowledge on the matter please give me your feedback
thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was planning to travel around the expected time of my oath ceremony and so I called CIC and asked and they said only your local office can answer that so I dropped by the local office and they said the oath is normally 2-4 months after the test. Mine was actually a little less than 2 months after. I have no idea if they posted it on their website. They wrote me a letter and said that if I couldnt' come, I should better give them a good excuse within 60 days unless I wanted to apply again.

When you go for the ceremony, plan an all day event. Mine took from like 11 am to 4:30 or something.