+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question about police certificate

kakuyo

Apr 17, 2019
I just got ITA for express entry. I have some questions about police certificate. Does the certificate I got from my home country have a valid time? I left my home country at 2015 and I have applied one police certificate for applying for the visa come to Canada. Until now I have never been back and live at my home country for more than 2 month. Can I still use the police certificate I have at hand to apply for PR or do I need to apply for a new certificate.

sheri268

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
Oct2018
AOR Received.
Oct2018
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March2019
VISA ISSUED...
April 2019
LANDED..........
I just got ITA for express entry. I have some questions about police certificate. Does the certificate I got from my home country have a valid time? I left my home country at 2015 and I have applied one police certificate for applying for the visa come to Canada. Until now I have never been back and live at my home country for more than 2 month. Can I still use the police certificate I have at hand to apply for PR or do I need to apply for a new certificate.
You need to apply for the new PCC which should be valid till your last visit to your home country

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
Validity of PCC is 3 months from the date of issue . You can request one from your local embassy

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
I just got ITA for express entry. I have some questions about the police certificate. Does the certificate I got from my home country have a valid time? I left my home country at 2015 and I have applied one police certificate for applying for the visa come to Canada. Until now I have never been back and live in my home country for more than 2 months. Can I still use the police certificate I have at hand to apply for PR or do I need to apply for a new certificate?
PCC is valid for 6 months; hence, your PCC issued in 2015 is not valid. You must get a new PCC from India prior to the submission.

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
And if your are a resident of another country (Canada), please make sure that you apply for your Indian PCC on a date AFTER your last trip to India.