+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about police certificate/ medical

natalia1

Jul 3, 2009
I got the police certificate (my brother got it for me in Russia) on July 22nd. Sent my papers August 22nd. They started processing my file September 17th. Now I got a letter from them asking me to provide police certificate!!! Again?!
I am confused! Why are they asking for another one? How does this 3 month validity works? Now of course it's more than 3 months but when I sent the papers in or when they started processing my file it wasn't. Or could it be something else? Is it possible to contact them by phone??

Another thing is my medical.
I did it up front (admit it was a mistake now). So I did my medical on July 22nd (before I sent my papers). The doctor said that he has the forms anyway and he would mail them to Ottawa. With my papers I sent the receipts as proof of my medical done.
And now they are asking me to do my medical Again?!

It's as if they didn't look through my papers properly. But what do I do now?
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thx

Medvedev

Nov 21, 2009
Wow, those Medicals now cost $500 in Moscow :( This seems a little strange that they asked you to do it again... Did you go to the authorized Clinic? My wife also did it before I sent in her Application, 2 months before. Is this for a Spousal Sponsorship? Write to the Embassy and ask why.... if they will reply!
She was also asked to provide another Police Certificate, only 7 months after she obtained the first one. They are supposedly good for 1 year. Don't be put off by it. Simply do it, or else your may have to begin the process all over from scratch!