+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about CRA and temporary status before PR

Abou1980

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
Hello All,

I am. new here, and I have some questions please, your help will be very appreciated !! :) And excuses in advance my non-expertise if any questions is already answered.

• Question 1: For the CRA consent, are we obliged too, or we can just send T4 copies or summary of the declarations as before ?
  • Question 2: For the temporary status before our PR, if we already have 3 years after the PR, so we dont need the days (half) before the temporary status, do we still have to put all the information about the temporary status in the form before the PR ?
  • Question 3: my old passport is lost (it was expired anyway), is that a problem ? or I can just give them my current one.
  • Question 4: At what stage of the process you know everything is fine, is it after the test invite ?

Thank you again Folks !
Cheers,

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hello All,

I am. new here, and I have some questions please, your help will be very appreciated !! :) And excuses in advance my non-expertise if any questions is already answered.

• Question 1: For the CRA consent, are we obliged too, or we can just send T4 copies or summary of the declarations as before ?
  • Question 2: For the temporary status before our PR, if we already have 3 years after the PR, so we dont need the days (half) before the temporary status, do we still have to put all the information about the temporary status in the form before the PR ?
  • Question 3: my old passport is lost (it was expired anyway), is that a problem ? or I can just give them my current one.
  • Question 4: At what stage of the process you know everything is fine, is it after the test invite ?

Thank you again Folks !
Cheers,
1. the form says: "Note that if you do not provide consent for these specific purposes, your application will be returned as incomplete and will not be processed". This is clear and leaves no room for intepretation. You either give consent or there is no point in applying. Do not submit any tax forms with your application. That is pointless.

2. Yes, it doesn't matter how many days you need or not. The form asks for five years of history, so you must provide five years of history for every question. There is one single exception: Question 10b only asks for four tears. But for everything else (residence, tax, travels, ...) you must provide five years.

3. This is not a problem by itself, but you must explain any gaps in your passport validities. See question 14 on the form. Explain that it was lost. Do not think that "it was expired anyway" is an excuse here. Old passports are an important part of your application. Make sure you explain that you los it. Ideally report it lost with the police.

4. You only know everything is fine after the oath of citizenship. Until then, anything can happen. In particular after the test, there is an interview at which they normally check your old AND current passports. You not having one will mean increased scrutiny regarding your travel dates.

Most importantly, please read through the application guide.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Edit: I'm not insinuating that you are trying to, but avoid anything that gives the impression that you are trying to hide something in your application. You have nothing to hide, be honest. Even "just" withholding information in a strategic way is bad.