+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

query regarding relative in canada

sikanderkhan

Star Member
Nov 29, 2009
Hi all
my uncle is canadian national and he has been there since 1996, i want to claim 5 points of adaptability but my uncle has just moved to dubai and nowadays he is living in dubai from the last one year..
i wanted to ask
1) am i still eligible to claim 5 points? if yes/no then why?

2) how do they ( canadian immigration office) verify that the person is currently living in canada? i mean do they call them or they visit their home? any idea about their procedure for verifying this thing?

your replies are appreciated...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
No, u cannot claim points for the relative now.

There is a need for the relative to currently reside in Canada. U have to enclose his SIN/PR, Telebills/House Rent bills etc to prove that.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the relative is a citizen then he/she can assist you with points whether he/she lives in canada or not.

however, canada PR cannot assist you with points if he/she lives outside canada.

sikanderkhan

Star Member
Nov 29, 2009
barsindoo said:
If the relative is a citizen then he/she can assist you with points whether he/she lives in canada or not.

however, canada PR cannot assist you with points if he/she lives outside canada.

yes my uncle is citizen he is canadian national and he has canadian passport as well..
can u plz tell me how he can assist me in getting 5 points while residing outside the canada?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

barsindoo said:

I suggest that you at least read the instructions for adaptability.
The OP's relative is not residing in Canada, therefor no points.

"Relatives in Canada
You, or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have a relative (parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, child of a parent, sibling, child of a grandparent, aunt or uncle, or grandchild of a parent, niece or nephew) who is residing in Canada and is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

PMM

sikanderkhan

Star Member
Nov 29, 2009
hey PMM and others thanks for the reply..
well actually the thing is that my uncle keeps traveling to canada,i mean some times he is in dubai and sometimes he is in the canada, because he has business and thats y he keeps traveling between these countries, so when he is in canada he lives in his friend's home and when he is in dubai he has his flat there. so the reason for this topic is to ask u guys that what procedures do canadian immigration follow to verify that the person is actually residing in canada??
as i asked earlier do they call or do they visit personally?
because if they call then my uncle's friend can do verification because my uncle shares rent with him and live with him when he is in canada.
so does any body know how they verify that adaptability thing? does any one have any knowledge/experience?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
they may call, they may not. depends upon ur paperwork. if u have submitted the copies of his PR/SIN Card, tenancy contract, business address, tax returns etc. the cic might veryfy all that online and be satisfied. if not, they may resort to call his office/resid & follow further. u see, these things are quite fluid.

aner777

Star Member
Sep 14, 2009
PPM,
I want to know if ones spouse has a relative in Canada but he is her grand Aunt's son and he is in his 60's ie he is her second cousin,can any point be awarded for this?

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi
aner777 said:
PPM,
I want to know if ones spouse has a relative in Canada but he is her grand Aunt's son and he is in his 60's ie he is her second cousin,can any point be awarded for this?

Thanks.
No

PMM

gerrybyrne

Dec 30, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th feb 2009
Doc's Request.
4th mar 2009
AOR Received.
25th may 2009
Med's Request
7th oct 2009
Med's Done....
4th nov 2009
Passport Req..
7th Oct 2009
VISA ISSUED...
3rd dec 2009
You must prove that your relative lives in Canada. Part of that proof will require utility bills, ie phone, water, electric or gas bills.
Living with his friend may not suffice as proof.