+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding date of birth certificate

dj03655

Jun 9, 2018
hi,
I got an email from Canada Immigration to submit my birth certificate as i just got a Late Birth certificate registration this month as earlier i had a non availability of birth certificate due to deterioration of the record register as discussed in my early query.

As the email from Canadian Immigration states,"if a Birth Certificate if register late they have ask for original document which shows identity" and i need to upload the documents on Web Form or send by mail or link the application and upload but they have not ask to notarize they just ask to upload original.

So my concern is if i need to upload my documents,I should scan the original and upload or i should take colored copy get it notarized and upload.

Please suggest

dj03655

Jun 9, 2018
Thanks

Can you please guide me how to upload the original document:

Do i need to just scan the original and upload or i need to notarized the coloured copy of original and then upload.

But they haven't ask to notarize just ask for original.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
If in the letter you were asked to send the document either through webform.

If the document is in English or French......send a scanned copy through IRCC Webform.

If the document is not in English or French......only then you need a Translated and Certified copy.

Translation of documents
You must send the following for any document that is not in English or French, unless otherwise stated on your document checklist:

· the English or French translation; and
· an affidavit from the person who completed the translation (see below for details); and
· a certified copy of the original document.

Last edited:

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017

If in the letter you were asked to send the document either through webform.
  1. Scan the document (which must be in English or French, other needs translation)
  2. Go to the IRCC webform site
  3. Click on the button "Tell Us More"
  4. Have you submitted an application for:......Select "YES"
  5. Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?........Select "YES" if application is been processed outside Canada, otherwise select "NO".
  6. Choose the visa office processing your application
  7. Click on the button "Go To Webform"
  8. Enter all required information and proceed.

dj03655

Jun 9, 2018
"Birth registration/certificate: Birth registration/certificate. If a birth is registered
late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity
such as: Old school records (Fifth class and Middle standard school certificate), and Voter's
ID card".

This is required by Canadian immigration.I have got Late entry Birth certificate but i am confused by this upper wording.

My concern is Original documents establishing identity i do have voter ID and Driving licence but do not have fifth class and middle standard school certificates. i have my matriculation certificate which bear my Date of Birth.

My Question is the word "Such as" means any related documents above asked for or they required only what they ask for.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
"Such as" means like.

India – Instruction(s) for documents
  • Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card.
You have Late entry Birth certificate........provide the below;
  1. Birth Certificate (provide your birth certificate registered late)
  2. Baptism Certificate (if not available.....provide explanation for not having Baptismal Certificate.......e.g. explain that you are not a Christian and could not be baptized due to your religion, maybe provide evidence of your religion, provide any reason).
  3. other original documents establishing identity such as;
  • Old school records (provide your matriculation certificate which bear my Date of Birth), and
  • Voter's ID card (provide your voter ID and Driving license)

dj03655

Jun 9, 2018
HI,
i landed in Canada as a immigrant in January 2019 and haven't received my PR card yet as its already been more than 4 months. I even called IRCC but haven't got the reason why my PR card as not be sent yet.
Can you please advise me what to do.

Hydwind

Oct 1, 2023
I am stuck at same situation but I don't have voter id. My self just have SSC certificate and Adhar card and also passport which states the birth date.

what should I do ?

Please Help !!!