+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW) program will be opened soon

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Just got this mail today morning from an attorney about the QSW program. Wanted to share it. Hope you find it informative.

***The New Quebec Skilled Worker Program***
The Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW) program will be opened soon and the quota for this year is going to be slightly less than last year. 6,300 visas to be specific.

Interested applicants should begin their applications well in advance of the release of the program to ensure they secure a spot in the quota.

• Please remember that under the current regulations:

• There is no amount of settlement funds (show money) that need to be demonstrated to the visa office

• There is no French language test and you will not be required to learn French

• You do not require a job offer to be eligible and

• At the end of the Quebec program (approximately 14-18months), you will be a Canadian Permanent Resident and you are free to live and work anywhere you choose in Canada.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
okbangaram said:
Just got this mail today morning from an attorney about the QSW program. Wanted to share it. Hope you find it informative.

***The New Quebec Skilled Worker Program***
The Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW) program will be opened soon and the quota for this year is going to be slightly less than last year. 6,300 visas to be specific.

Interested applicants should begin their applications well in advance of the release of the program to ensure they secure a spot in the quota.

Hi, pls dont spread any wrong info here in the forum..

do you have any valid link for the below info you shared here??

• Please remember that under the current regulations:

• There is no amount of settlement funds (show money) that need to be demonstrated to the visa office

• There is no French language test and you will not be required to learn French.

Minimum B2 level french language is required for QSW as per latest rules.. I am wondering, why on this earth, altogether they will suddenly impose no french language rule?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

• You do not require a job offer to be eligible and

• At the end of the Quebec program (approximately 14-18months), you will be a Canadian Permanent Resident and you are free to live and work anywhere you choose in Canada.

I doubt it.. as there is a huge backlog of current applications for qsw and the processing time alone to get CSQ is as long as 44 months for many countries..

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
I am not sure of anything. Just got the email from a reputed law firm.
I doubt that the lawyer would email wrong info.

I am adding sources now:
http://www.canadim

.com/new-qsw-list-2015/

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
okbangaram said:

I am adding sources now:
http://www.canadim.com/new-qsw-list-2015/
There is NOTHING on that page which validates your (or your lawyer's) assertion that French is not required. In fact, the same organization has an assessment page for QSW where you are asked to input French proficiency as well. Have a look and try not to spread rumors - the ONLY facts out there are on a federal or provincial website. If you have a link like that, please share.

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
In fact, the same organization has an assessment page for QSW where you are asked to input French proficiency as well.
Just because you are asked to input French Proficiency, it does not mean that it is mandatory. Your logic is broken.

Have a look and try not to spread rumors
Try to be respectful. If you feel that the information is wrong then point that out. Then we can have a constructive argument which can lead to more knowledge on either side.

If you have a link like that, please share.
Sure!

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-faq.html

Click on point#5 link

Here is another link.

http://expatriates.stackexchange.com/questions/5849/quebec-skilled-worker-program-2015

Listen. I know how you feel. It is very annoying to get wrong information. I already got my OOPNP invitation. The only reason I got that invitation is because someone kindly shared information about creating, recreating profiles. This is my way of giving back to the community that helped me out.

I stand with my information.
1. I got this info from a reputed law firm, CanadaIM.
2. It is highly unlikely that they will willingly put wrong info.
3. I am just copy pasting the info from the email. I did not compile the info after careful research. I already got my letter of interest and have no interest in QWS.

If you are doubtful about anything, just paste your concern here and someone more knowledgeable will come about and clarify instead of getting angry at the messenger.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The links you share even now are outside portals and not CIC or provincial official sites. And none of them say that there is no French language test requirement or that it isn't necessary to learn French. It is desirable to know French (especially in that part of Canada) but possibly not essential if one can get enough points from other criteria to clear their cutoff. This nuance is what was not clear in your lawyer's mail hence your post.

Appreciate the nice gesture of trying to help others out even though you've got through OOPNP but the last thing this forum needs is more partially informed posts leading to even more speculation and, very unfortunately, anything not backed up by an official source is virtually indistinguishable from a rumor.

No offence intended. Peace out!

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
Dear all, no offence here but I took Quebec immigration website online assessment tool and get positive reply.

1. I dont have any French proficiency
2. Dont have any settlement fund
3. According to canadavisa "An applicant with a spouse or common-law partner must score at least 57 points." - But when I calculate myself, I am not getting 57 points.

Any idea on this assessment?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fahad04 said:
Dear all, no offence here but I took Quebec immigration website online assessment tool and get positive reply.

1. I dont have any French proficiency
2. Dont have any settlement fund
3. According to canadavisa "An applicant with a spouse or common-law partner must score at least 57 points." - But when I calculate myself, I am not getting 57 points.

Any idea on this assessment?
I can confirm Fahad04's claim... I'm currently in Quebec and I even called the immigration ministry last October to make sure that French is not require via the point system. The guy who answered me said "Yes, french is not a requirement via the points system and you are assessed using the points criteria only".
That said, I know, as a fact, that french language IS A MAIN FACTOR of assessment even if they don't say it is a requirement. Another VO came and gave a immigration to Quebec lecture at my current university and he kept stressing out how French is important and the points system are a little subjective towards that. Unless you've passed the 57 (single) or 65 (family) mark in the assessment by far, i.e. 70 or more, you will be subjected to attend an interview which will be conducted in French, unless you ask for an interpreter.
Got a friend who got refused due to some missing papers regarding his work experience. Usually they will give you a notice to submit the missing papers, but he got a direct refusal and a 2 year ban suggesting fraudulent activities. He, of course, hired a lawyer and appealed, and still got refuse. The lawyer's opinion that because he didn't have any french he was indirectly considered ineligible for Quebec and they had to find a problem to refuse him without directly saying it is because of the lack of French. I can't prove the authenticity of that story, but I thought it was worth sharing.

Bottom line, learn french if you want to immigrate to Quebec. Even if you don't reach to the B2 level, but at least you have proven you're willing to learn.

xlnc20

Apr 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No settlement funds, no french language, no job offer and eventually you can settle anywhere in canada..!! :eek:

Does it not sound too good to be true..!

new_day

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Dear experts

Can anyone answer to my following queries:

1. Does credential evaluation for academic achievements from WES is being accepted for Quebec?
2. Does Quebec accepting application as first come first serve basis or the highest point first come basis(from 2015 onward)?

Thanks in advance

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
okbangaram said:

I am adding sources now:
http://www.canadim

.com/new-qsw-list-2015/
the "reputable law firm" you are taliking about , wouldn't be Colin Singer's law firm?

I got it as well.

Be carefull about him, as he tends to send these e-mails, gets people to hire him, and after a week the system changes and you are somehow not eligalbe any more..
there is a whole bunch of information about him on different forums., try typing his name in google and look for yoursefl

I communicated with him and asked him two specific qouestions that are important for me in order to make a decision and hire him. In stead of reply and aswer to my questions, I got an e-mail where he is offereing to give me discount on his services if I hire him in the next 24 hours. This gave me a red alert and proves there is something wrong.

so.. be carefull when forwarding his informations, and think and read everything 10 times before signing anything