+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
I did some research and it appears that depth of back ground check of a profile decides amount of time it will take to finalize an application. ( Google this term and read all links in first 2 pages: "CIC CSIS")

CIC and CSIS have prepared a profile. If applicant's details matches with CIC+CSIS prepared profile than applicant's details are not sent to CSIS and CIC finalizes application without background check. This is the reason why we see few applications getting finalized in 6-7 months.

If profile does not match, then details are sent to CSIS for background check. CSIS decides on depth of background check based on it's own criterion.
50% of background check sare done by CSIS in around 2 months. Hence we see applications getting finalized in 9-11 months.
Most of remaining 50% of the applications stay with CSIS for around 6 months due to detailed background check. Hence we see applications getting finalized in 13-14 months.
Few applications ( rare cases) take 9-12 months in background check. Hence 14+ months delay.

No. of countries visited is not the only criterion. Other criterion include Companies an applicant has worked for, Family members profile etc.etc.

For ex - Company an applicant has worked for in country X has done some dubious dealing in Country Y will result in file delay. Similarly, if one of applicant's family members has name similar to one of the "secret" lists prepared by Canada or Interpol, then CSIS will do thorough check before returning file.

highheel987

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017
Passport Req..
06-10-2017
LANDED..........
04-11-2017
I did some research and it appears that depth of back ground check of a profile decides amount of time it will take to finalize an application. ( Google this term and read all links in first 2 pages: "CIC CSIS")

CIC and CSIS have prepared a profile. If applicant's details matches with CIC+CSIS prepared profile than applicant's details are not sent to CSIS and CIC finalizes application without background check. This is the reason why we see few applications getting finalized in 6-7 months.

If profile does not match, then details are sent to CSIS for background check. CSIS decides on depth of background check based on it's own criterion.
50% of background check sare done by CSIS in around 2 months. Hence we see applications getting finalized in 9-11 months.
Most of remaining 50% of the applications stay with CSIS for around 6 months due to detailed background check. Hence we see applications getting finalized in 13-14 months.
Few applications ( rare cases) take 9-12 months in background check. Hence 14+ months delay.

No. of countries visited is not the only criterion. Other criterion include Companies an applicant has worked for, Family members profile etc.etc.

For ex - Company an applicant has worked for in country X has done some dubious dealing in Country Y will result in file delay. Similarly, if one of applicant's family members has name similar to one of the "secret" lists prepared by Canada or Interpol, then CSIS will do thorough check before returning file.

Thanks for detailed info APPNOV2014NY. :)

One more thing I found very disturbing in this article (Not sure if it still same situation right now):
"According to the union, casual employees make up half the workforce responsible for the reviews of permanent residence applications. These employees, mostly students, are given three days of training on the department’s global case management system (GCMS) and rotate on three shifts."

If this is the case right now than god help us we cant predict or estimate anything whatever CIC App quota says.... :(

Montreal-QC

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Nov'16
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Thanks for detailed info APPNOV2014NY. :)

One more thing I found very disturbing in this article (Not sure if it still same situation right now):
"According to the union, casual employees make up half the workforce responsible for the reviews of permanent residence applications. These employees, mostly students, are given three days of training on the department’s global case management system (GCMS) and rotate on three shifts."

If this is the case right now than god help us we cant predict or estimate anything whatever CIC App quota says.... :(
Oh no, According to APPNOV2017NY and your post, any thing can happen to any one's file. :confused::confused:
So, general time line may not apply in your case, even your file is simple and u did not do any worng. So, the thing is, when your file is done you are done, unless u r in danger zone, no matter what when did you do medial. RPRF fee, how many countries u visited.... :confused::confused:

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Oh no, According to APPNOV2017NY and your post, any thing can happen to any one's file. :confused::confused:
So, general time line may not apply in your case, even your file is simple and u did not do any worng. So, the thing is, when your file is done you are done, unless u r in danger zone, no matter what when did you do medial. RPRF fee, how many countries u visited.... :confused::confused:
It is not the case that anything can happen to your case ...CIC definetly have check and balances in place ..

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

highheel987

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017
Passport Req..
06-10-2017
LANDED..........
04-11-2017
It is not the case that anything can happen to your case ...CIC definetly have check and balances in place ..
Correct...I mentioned "If" because we all know immigration process has been refined and re evaluated to do faster and efficient processing now a days....I still hope they employ better immigration officer :p;)

Reactions: Nala

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Correct...I mentioned "If" because we all know immigration process has been refined and re evaluated to do faster and efficient processing now a days....I still hope they employ better immigration officer :p;)
More i think about this delay i feel it has more to do with some policy,process or technology change ..which CIC might be introducing ..for instance last month they didn't had EE montly draw and the reason was additional points they planned to give to folks who have brothers or sisters in Canada ..at the same time most of the IT system started giving false messages ..even anyone is following other groups ..there are people complaining about delays ..so i speculate some major changes are on cards which could be causing delays..

Winners95

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017

I have a freind who applied same day , exactly as me , i did Medical tests some day before him.

Then now , his application is in background check and mine background check didnt start yet. Do you think i can be in the first case ? like i dont need a background check ?

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
More i think about this delay i feel it has more to do with some policy,process or technology change ..which CIC might be introducing ..for instance last month they didn't had EE montly draw and the reason was additional points they planned to give to folks who have brothers or sisters in Canada ..at the same time most of the IT system started giving false messages ..even anyone is following other groups ..there are people complaining about delays ..so i speculate some major changes are on cards which could be causing delays..
Hmm, very interesting... I think you are right! I follow the EE draws, and yes, I find it very strange that activity there has also gone down... maybe it is connected to some technical/IT system thing....

No way to know but to wait :(

BTW. I got an answer from the office of my local MP (they actually posted a letter and everything..). They asked me to call them to "discuss" the situation. I'll try calling on friday and let you guys know.

Ali.Quebec

Jul 8, 2017
Category........
QSW
Hello,

That is true. I've been living in Montreal since 2014 and my CSQ and now PR was/is being processed in Paris (I'm from Portugal). Even if I tried to have it processed it here in Canada, it was always sent to Paris.

My lawyer (Campbell Cohen) also confirmed that information, nowadays they 'share' applications in between offices to be able to maintain their processing times. We must always wait for the AOR to check which office will process it.

Hope this helps :)
Guys,
Today I received an email from the DO NOT REPLY @ CIC... stating that my file is currently located at a visa office outside of Canada (would be easier to say the name of office:cool:). Sounds weird since Im inland applicant, received AOR from Sydney. Anyone had same experience?

Reactions: Nala

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Guys,
Today I received an email from the DO NOT REPLY @ CIC... stating that my file is currently located at a visa office outside of Canada (would be easier to say the name of office:cool:). Sounds weird since Im inland applicant, received AOR from Sydney. Anyone had same experience?
All AORs are sent by CIO-Sydney. After AOR, files are transferred to different visa offices.

Reactions: sunnymks