+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Qorax,PMM,Explorer,Rocky,landed members of this forum..seeking an opinion>>

jazz2

Star Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iam back in Seoul and I am thinking of getting a new phone just before I board a plane to Canada in about 20days from today.Is it a good idea to get a phone here ( they're quite cheap) or should I just wait till I land and get a phone in Canada? Secondly,since you have already landed,which company in your opinion offers good/reasonable calling rates? Which company should I subscribe to for a mobile phone service, upon landing? Kindly advice and Thank you.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am thinking of getting a new phone just before I board a plane to Canada in about 20days from today.Is it a good idea to get a phone here ( they're quite cheap) or should I just wait till I land and get a phone in Canada?

>>>> Mobile sets are quite cheap here in Canada and if you take a long time contract phone comes free. You can bring mobile set from your country also but 1st check about the bandwidth.

Secondly,since you have already landed,which company in your opinion offers good/reasonable calling rates? Which company should I subscribe to for a mobile phone service, upon landing? Kindly advice and Thank you.

>>> Rogers - works everywhere but is expensive, they cheat also. Lot of hidden charges. Basic plan starts $ 25 + $ 12 number display + voice mail + 6PM to 7 AM free calling, $ 2.39 admn charges( govt) + HST. You will not receive bill less than $45-50.
>>>Bell - works everywhere but is expensive , they cheat also. Lot of hidden charges.
>>>Wind : does not work everwhere, is cheap also.they are improving day by day and no hidden charges ; Go for this connection.

about Fido : I think now Rogers now run the show, I dont have knowledge about it.

there are 4-5 more companies ( kido, _____) also, let other members who use it throw some light on their performance.

It is recommended ; dont take long time contract from any company.