+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Q10.a) Where have you lived during your eligibility period?

Scarletuh

Jun 4, 2020
Hi, I'm confused because there's different opinions about Q10a "Write all your addresses inside and outside of Canada during your 5-year eligibility period"

Do I write only those address within Canada that I'm eligible even if it doesn't amount to 5 year-eligibility period as long as I complete the required days?

or Do I add my address before I came to Canada ?

Is eligibilty mean my presence in Canada, all my address within that eligibilty period?

or does eligibility within 5years, include my address outside of Canada to complete the 5 years?

Does that also apply to Q11?

for example
I came here in Canada on January 1, 2016 as permanent resident.
my eligibilty period according to the psychical calculation is from January 1, 2016 until today my application excluding my vacations

Do I include only addresses, work, school, etc within January 1 ,2016 up to today?

or do I have to include everything before January 1, 2016 to complete my 5years?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
. . . does eligibility within 5years, include my address outside of Canada to complete the 5 years?

The "eligibility period" is FIVE YEARS, the five (5) years prior to the day the citizenship application is signed.

Address and employment history should be provided for all 60 months in that five year period. Including addresses IN or OUTSIDE Canada (Question 10). Including employment IN or OUTSIDE Canada (Question 11).

Hi, I'm confused because there's different opinions about Q10a "Write all your addresses inside and outside of Canada during your 5-year eligibility period"
The instructions in this regard are explicit, clear, and restated multiple times. I am not aware of any differing opinions at all about reporting where one lived, one's "addresses" for the FIVE years prior to the date the application is signed. Similarly for employment history.

Even the guide instructions you link and quote, explicitly referring to the "five year" eligibility period, go on to repeat the instruction to "Provide information that covers the 5-year eligibility period."

That is, there should be NO confusion. The "eligibility period" is FIVE YEARS. That five year period is based on the date the application is signed. This is repeated many, many times in the guide instructions and in the instructions in the form itself, including in BOTH questions 10 and 11. And in Question 10 it is further emphasized in referencing "your ENTIRE five" year eligibility period.

Indeed, ALL the related instructions, again including those in the guide and those in the application form itself, but also those in the online presence calculator, those in FAQs, and those in other IRCC web pages, ALL refer to the "eligibility period" as the five years preceding the date the application is made.

The online presence calculator will automatically inform the applicant what that specific five year period is based on entering the date the application will be signed. If you enter June 11, 2020 as the date you will sign the application, the online presence calculator will then automatically specify that the eligibility period is "2015-06-11 to 2020-06-11" and states "you will need this for your application form." It will generate this regardless what date you enter for having landed and become a PR.

I realize I may be hammering this rather hard. Sorry if it comes across a bit severe or harsh.

Do I write only those address within Canada that I'm eligible even if it doesn't amount to 5 year-eligibility period as long as I complete the required days?

or Do I add my address before I came to Canada ?

Is eligibilty mean my presence in Canada, all my address within that eligibilty period?

or does eligibility within 5years, include my address outside of Canada to complete the 5 years?

for example
I came here in Canada on January 1, 2016 as permanent resident.
my eligibilty period according to the psychical calculation is from January 1, 2016 until today my application excluding my vacations

Do I include only addresses, work, school, etc within January 1 ,2016 up to today?

or do I have to include everything before January 1, 2016 to complete my 5years?

Scarletuh

Jun 4, 2020
The "eligibility period" is FIVE YEARS, the five (5) years prior to the day the citizenship application is signed.

Address and employment history should be provided for all 60 months in that five year period. Including addresses IN or OUTSIDE Canada (Question 10). Including employment IN or OUTSIDE Canada (Question 11).

The instructions in this regard are explicit, clear, and restated multiple times. I am not aware of any differing opinions at all about reporting where one lived, one's "addresses" for the FIVE years prior to the date the application is signed. Similarly for employment history.

Even the guide instructions you link and quote, explicitly referring to the "five year" eligibility period, go on to repeat the instruction to "Provide information that covers the 5-year eligibility period."

That is, there should be NO confusion. The "eligibility period" is FIVE YEARS. That five year period is based on the date the application is signed. This is repeated many, many times in the guide instructions and in the instructions in the form itself, including in BOTH questions 10 and 11. And in Question 10 it is further emphasized in referencing "your ENTIRE five" year eligibility period.

Indeed, ALL the related instructions, again including those in the guide and those in the application form itself, but also those in the online presence calculator, those in FAQs, and those in other IRCC web pages, ALL refer to the "eligibility period" as the five years preceding the date the application is made.

The online presence calculator will automatically inform the applicant what that specific five year period is based on entering the date the application will be signed. If you enter June 11, 2020 as the date you will sign the application, the online presence calculator will then automatically specify that the eligibility period is "2015-06-11 to 2020-06-11" and states "you will need this for your application form." It will generate this regardless what date you enter for having landed and become a PR.

I realize I may be hammering this rather hard. Sorry if it comes across a bit severe or harsh.
Thank you
I thought I have to match them with my presence calculator.
The presence.calculator asked me when I became a PR, and also the start of the day I started being present in Canada and I wasn't present and a PR for 5years.

I thought I only need to list everything regarding Canada within 5years because if say I lived in Canada for more than 5 years, the excess of 5years won't be included.

Say I was present 2013, but I'll only record everything regarding 2015 up to today when I signed my application.

But if I was here less than 5 years, only the time present up to this day i can only include in question 10 and 11 basing on my presence calculation.

I guess it's only me confused then despite me reading questions about it from others.

Thank you for taking your time to write your essay.