+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD INFO AND HELP

andypandy

Aug 21, 2014
Hi all,

New to this so hope you can help.

I am a PR with an expired PR card living in UK with my Canadian wife. We left Canada in 2004 as a married couple and have been together in the UK ever since. We now plan to return to Canada and have submitted a PRTD application for myself.

I understand that my obligation will be met as I have been in the UK with my Canadian wife, is this correct and do you think my PRTD will be granted? My PR card expired in 2009. I supplied all the documents requested in person at the CVAC in London.

Thanks in advance

Andypandy

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

Are you British? If so, there was no need to even apply for a PRTD. You can travel to Canada on the strength of your passport alone.

That said, provided you have submitted proof that you have been living with your Canadian spouse and therefore still meet the Residency Obligation, your PRTD should be issued without a problem.

andypandy

Aug 21, 2014
Hi there,

Yes British, wow did not know that, all the info on the immigration website said I had to have the document.

I supplied last 5 years of council tax bills with both names on, copy of marriage certificate, copy of wife's passport, copy of wife's birth certificate and all my documents.

Do you think that is enough? If its rejected can I still go on my passport?

Thanks,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
andypandy said:
I supplied last 5 years of council tax bills with both names on, copy of marriage certificate, copy of wife's passport, copy of wife's birth certificate and all my documents.

Do you think that is enough? If its rejected can I still go on my passport?
Yeah, they don't make it very clear on the website.

No one can ever guarantee what is enough when it comes to CIC. If it is rejected, it means CIC will have wrongly determined that you don't meet the RO. They would then start proceedings to revoke your PR, which you would have to appeal by submitting more evidence of your cohabitation with your wife during your absence from Canada.

You could still travel to Canada on your passport but would have to deal with the above situation.

andypandy

Aug 21, 2014
Ok thanks,

Lets hope its accepted, submitted on Wednesday the 20th so should know soon I guess?

I have loads more info I could give them if needed. Forgot we also gave them a TV licence in my name and a HRMC tax document in my wife's name for one of the years.

Cheers,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
andypandy said:
Ok thanks,

Lets hope its accepted, submitted on Wednesday the 20th so should know soon I guess?
The website says the current processing time is 7 working days. I doubt it will be refused, so don't stress.

andypandy

Aug 21, 2014
Hey there,

Got my approved document back today!!

Strange that they ask for photos but the document does not have a photo on it?

Cheers,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
andypandy said:
Hey there,

Got my approved document back today!!

Strange that they ask for photos but the document does not have a photo on it?
Good to hear. Yes, I believe it does have a photo on it.