+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROOF OF FUNDS

tutulu

Jan 10, 2015
Is the amount of funds that is required in the proof of funds, the amount to survive without working for 6 months?

If the answer is yes, does that mean it takes an average of 6 months to find a job in ones occupation?

Thanks

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
tutulu said:
Is the amount of funds that is required in the proof of funds, the amount to survive without working for 6 months?

If the answer is yes, does that mean it takes an average of 6 months to find a job in ones occupation?

Thanks
Hard to say.. it depends on what your lifestyle is. If you are used to 10000 dollars a month, then it won't last long. The idea is to have sufficient money at hand, because you will get nothing from the government. So be prepared..for me, the money required for a couple lasted probably 2, 3 months, but our lifestyle is different from others.

Does it take six months to find a job? Maybe.. some people I met were looking for two years, I myself got a job in my line of business within two weeks. So one cannot generalize.

tutulu

Jan 10, 2015
I am assuming one lives frugally especially when one is still job hunting - so that is cooking at home instead of eating in a restaurant, not going to the movies.
I mean just the basics/ essentials