+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds to Invite a Cuban to Canada

Discussion in 'Visitors' started by cuba_canada, Jan 17, 2011.

  1. Hi all,

    My husband and I are going to invite his mother to visit from Cuba. I am pregnant and we want her to be here to help out.
    If there is anyone on here who has experience inviting a Cuban to Canada, your help would be greatly appreciated!

    The specific question we have right now is:

    How much funds are typically required in order to be approved? She will stay for 2 months, 3 at the most. The obvious $ needed is for her plane tickets, but other than that she will stay with us and we will provide everything. Is there a general rule as to how much money we need in the bank account?

    Thanks :)
  2. To visit Canada, you must:

    have a valid travel document, such as a passport;
    be in good health;
    satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, home and family, that will take you back to your country of origin;
    satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit; and
    have enough money for your stay. The amount of money you will need can vary with the circumstances of the visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives. For more information, ask the Canadian visa office in your country or region.

    You may also need:

    a temporary resident visa, depending on your citizenship (see Visas and exemptions below);
    a medical examination; and
    a letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.
    The fee for a TRV is $75 for an individual.

    Further information:

  3. hello,

    I recognize your post as over 1 year old, how have you made out with inviting someone from Cuba to stay in Canada? I am in a similar situation, my household is researching information to have someone stay with us. If you can share your experience, it would be appreciated. Thank you.

Share This Page