+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds Question

Nov 11, 2020
This might be the 100 millionth question on this topic but here it goes.

I am in the US and ALL (literally ALL) my money are in one of the three accounts: 401K, Roth IRA, and my investment account (stock market). I know from reading previously posts that we cannot just give them monthly statement from our investment accounts as proof of funds; that it has to come from some sort of checking/savings account. So I will need to liquidate my stocks at some point. The question is when, especially because now isn't the best time to sell.

I am expecting ITA around October this year if they start drawing FSW again, so going back 6 months gives me April. However, since I am transferring money from my own investment account to my checking account, can I sell my stocks later, say in the summer or right before ITA? I know usually they want 6 month AVERAGE to be above the minimum requirement, but if I can show them the paper trail of where the $12,000 or whatever amount come from, maybe it's okay as long as I have that amount of money in my checking account by the time I'm invited to apply?

Please let me know your thoughts! Appreciate it and good luck to everyone :)