+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds is spouse's name

imjoe

Star Member
Nov 28, 2007
I know this has been posted many times before, but I just can't find it in the search...

So quick and simple.

We are a family, we have our visas and are ready to make our landing.

We were planning on using a big bank account (as proof of funds on landing), the owner of the bank account is the spouce of the primary applicant (primary applicant is the seccondary in the account but that doesn't appear in any documents).

We will arrive all together, will that be enough?

Thanks in advanced.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

imjoe said:
I know this has been posted many times before, but I just can't find it in the search...

So quick and simple.

We are a family, we have our visas and are ready to make our landing.

We were planning on using a big bank account (as proof of funds on landing), the owner of the bank account is the spouce of the primary applicant (primary applicant is the seccondary in the account but that doesn't appear in any documents).

We will arrive all together, will that be enough?

Thanks in advanced.
Yes, as long as it accessible and in a convertible currency.

PMM

imjoe

Star Member
Nov 28, 2007
Thank you PMM, you are always my hero.

It is in Mexican Pesos, and it is more than enough in cuantity.

I hope this will not be a problem, Canada + US + Mexico = NAFTA...

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
imjoe said:
Thank you PMM, you are always my hero.

It is in Mexican Pesos, and it is more than enough in cuantity.

I hope this will not be a problem, Canada + US + Mexico = NAFTA...
Hi imjoe

If you are coming from Mexico you may want to bring traveller cheques, unless you guys have a Canadian bank account already
now, if you feel that your bank account will be enough for your landing make sure to have a bank statement with your name...just in case my friend

in my own experience, I did change all my Mexican money to US dollar traveller cheques, once we arrived at Canada we did open an account, I used to have a Mexican bank that you can find here but they work completely separated, they have their own system and they do not recognize foreign accounts not even if the same bank (HSBC)

Good luck
Eduardo