+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds for International students

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Good day everyone I printed my bank statements of 6months a month ago that's like December 2019 and I want to apply for visa in February 2020 is it still valid..

Mandiba

Feb 12, 2020
Good day everyone I printed my bank statements of 6months a month ago that's like December 2019 and I want to apply for visa in February 2020 is it still valid..
It depends on what type of visa you're applying for. Most time, a recent bank statement not more than 2-3 months showing available fund in your bank account for the past 4 months is require. However, it's better to get recent one except if it is not possible. Then get a letter from the bank to support the available one.

ddonkuro

Mar 2, 2020
So, I am funding my wife's education for a 2 year program. All financial support documents are in my name. Her annual tuition is around 14K CAD$. I have 29K in available funds in my accounts. I converted it from 22K USD = 29K CAD. That means, I have full 2 year tuition (14K x 2) + 1K. Just like other people, my confusion is, do I need 28K + 10K? Others are saying you need 1 year tuition + 10K. Which will be 24K in our case, right? Left over will be 5K, for travel, etc.
Sad thing is, the permit was refused, based on grounds she doesn't have enough funds for her stay in Canada and to effect her departure. I can understand this. so, I'm her to get more information.
@Craigy mentioned something that caught my attention, which we didn't do.
He said, notarized letter from the individual providing funds needs to be part of the application? I was thinking what could be wrong after we got refusal letter, because I feel like we had more than enough, but the visa office may see that all financial support documents were in my name only and did not find a notarized letter from me. However, we included our marriage certificate, to prove her husband is providing funding, but it seems like they still need the letter, regardless.
We are preparing to resubmitt the application. I am still the sponsor and all documents are in my name. What do i need to include in the application, just the letter? Other sources also suggest providing prove of tuition payment. How? You need permit to enroll, right? I have funds in US bank account, but I also have Canadian bank account which doesn't have much in it. Will be a good idea to transfer the funds into the Canadian account, then provide prove fund transfer? If so, which bank statements do I provide for the past four months?