+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing Times For Medical Exam

Ambitious1

Sep 17, 2007
Hello,

My girlfriend is an American citizen that is attempting to apply for a work permit here in Vancouver, B.C. . She as gone through the entire process of obtaining job offer with a formal contract, securing proof of funds, obtaining a positive LMO, and conducting the full medical exam (blood, xray, and physical). Her job as a teacher requires a medical exam. Does anyone know how long it should take for the government to process the medical exam? We did it on July 21st, 2007 and the doctor said they sent it in on August. 2, 2007 so we are coming up on 7 weeks. Is this ridiculously long or should we expect to wait a lot longer? Is there anyone useful we can call? (CIC call centre doesn't count!) They said they don't do anything til it is considered late i.e. 3 months or longer. Should we bother to call a lawyer? We've even considered going to the local newspapers. Her job has already started and we are at the mercy of the government. HELP!!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ambitious1 said:
Hello,

My girlfriend is an American citizen that is attempting to apply for a work permit here in Vancouver, B.C. . She as gone through the entire process of obtaining job offer with a formal contract, securing proof of funds, obtaining a positive LMO, and conducting the full medical exam (blood, xray, and physical). Her job as a teacher requires a medical exam. Does anyone know how long it should take for the government to process the medical exam? We did it on July 21st, 2007 and the doctor said they sent it in on August. 2, 2007 so we are coming up on 7 weeks. Is this ridiculously long or should we expect to wait a lot longer? Is there anyone useful we can call? (CIC call centre doesn't count!) They said they don't do anything til it is considered late i.e. 3 months or longer. Should we bother to call a lawyer? We've even considered going to the local newspapers. Her job has already started and we are at the mercy of the government. HELP!!!
Odd, a medical result is usually upload to the system within a month. Your only hope will be the call centre.

PMM