+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

processing time for online application outside Canada??

hkkwan

Mar 30, 2012
Hello,

I am checking the processing time on the CIC website and I really have this question.
For example,
I apply the study visa online in Beijing-China. The processing time shown on the CIC website is 7 weeks, but I think it is only for the applications which are submitted in person and via mail to the visa office. Am I right?
Its because I heard from someone saying that the online applications outside Canada are all going back to examined by the CIC office(headquarter??) in Canada. It this right?

vaingel1983

Mar 20, 2014
Hello Guys, I am also an applicant and have submitted my online application for work permit as a live in caregiver via manila embassy last August 5, 2014. By now I am awaiting for my medical and speak test request with passport and additional forms for employer and LCP, hopefully by the end of this month based on my friends timeline. To share my opinion, one of my friend who has applied paper based application via Cebu , she has received her approval just this month. After a month of her submission she got her medical and speak test request and not more than a month after submitting that requirement she has been approved. Computing her, average processing, it just took her two months after having been approved with her work permit application. Next month will be her flight to Canada. Good luck to us all!