+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing of SINP Job Approval Letter (JAL)

Tayandibu

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Good day,

I have an open work permit (OWP) and just got an employment offer from a Saskatchewan employer who is willing to provide me with a JAL for my PR application. My employer hasn't done this before so I need to be very proactive as regards the JAL. I have gone through the SINP website but I still have a few clarifications to make. Anyone with experience in this area should kindly assist with the following:

1) Are there any required conditions for my employer to apply for JAL? e.g no. of years in existence, a minimum number of employees etc

2) From SINP's website, the wage should be above the low wage for the NOC job in my locality. But I have seen some people mention that it has to be above the median wage. I hope the former is the correct one because my wage is btw the low and median. Please clarify

3) Since I have an OWP, my employer is not required to obtain a Certificate of Registration (COR) - https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/hire-a-foreign-worker/recruit-and-hire-workers-with-sinp/apply-for-a-certificate-of-registration

To apply for a JAL, my employer is required to submit a Job Approval Form (JAF) by accessing the online OASIS account that was used to apply for your Certificate of Registration (COR)

Since my employer is not required to obtain COR, how would the application for the JAL be done?

4) Does the SINP Job Approval Letter (JAL) have to be pre-approved before I start working?

5) The following from the SINP website is a bit confusing.

The position must be for:
  • an existing employee,
  • an existing vacancy, which is a position recently vacated by a full-time employee,
  • a position that will be vacated within 6 months by an existing full-time employee; or
  • a position that is being filled through full-time contract work.
Does it mean that a newly created position would not qualify for JAL?

6) Any addition information to note would be highly appreciated

Thanks a million

H.uber

Feb 16, 2024
Hi Tayanbibu, hope everything has gone well with your application process. How is your case going so far? I am in the same situation as yours

amrvx4

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-December-2015
Med's Request
29-December-2015
Med's Done....
01-February-2016
Passport Req..
06-May-2016
I am in the same situation. did you figure it out? Specifically point 3.