+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem with the Study Permit Online Application from Malaysia

Aboud

Aug 4, 2016
Hi Guys

I have got scholarship and grant for PhD in Calgary university in Canada. i got the offer letter on 20 April 2016 and i submitted my Visa application online on 2 May 2016 and i provided all required documents. During the first week i got 3 notification from CIC portal. they asked for Medical Check up and i did it the next day. then they asked for my biometric to be taken and did that the next day as well. and finally they asked for Police Certificate which i had it already and submitted it the same day. ever since i have not heard anything from them. it has been 3 months and no body contacted me. the status of my application still; Open. and the final decision status is: Not Started Yet. i have tried to call the High Commission in Singapore where they are processing my application but they use Auto Machine. I tried to Email them but they never reply. i was advised to report technical issue through the portal as this might bug them. but they also did not reply. and finally i did what so called: Web Form via the portal and again i was totally neglected. the Semester is going to start September the First and my scholarship is conditional upon my enrollment on September and i feel so frustrated as i feel there is nothing i can do. in fact i am Syrian i work in big company in Malaysia. i did expect that my application will take longer than usual due to my nationality but this is too much. waiting is really tough and i worked so hard to get the scholarship and now i feel like my dream to do PhD is falling apart.

Any advice ? is there anything i can do please ?

thanks in Advance.

Tamrana

Aug 5, 2016
Hello

I know how you feel I am more worried now about my visa because I applied on 21 June from malaysia and had my medical on 14 July
I just want them to give me a final desicion before the start date of my classes which is on 29 Aug... and for your nationality I am also facing the same feelings as my nationality is Yemeni.

I hope we get response before Sep..

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
Aboud said:
Hi Guys

I have got scholarship and grant for PhD in Calgary university in Canada. i got the offer letter on 20 April 2016 and i submitted my Visa application online on 2 May 2016 and i provided all required documents. During the first week i got 3 notification from CIC portal. they asked for Medical Check up and i did it the next day. then they asked for my biometric to be taken and did that the next day as well. and finally they asked for Police Certificate which i had it already and submitted it the same day. ever since i have not heard anything from them. it has been 3 months and no body contacted me. the status of my application still; Open. and the final decision status is: Not Started Yet. i have tried to call the High Commission in Singapore where they are processing my application but they use Auto Machine. I tried to Email them but they never reply. i was advised to report technical issue through the portal as this might bug them. but they also did not reply. and finally i did what so called: Web Form via the portal and again i was totally neglected. the Semester is going to start September the First and my scholarship is conditional upon my enrollment on September and i feel so frustrated as i feel there is nothing i can do. in fact i am Syrian i work in big company in Malaysia. i did expect that my application will take longer than usual due to my nationality but this is too much. waiting is really tough and i worked so hard to get the scholarship and now i feel like my dream to do PhD is falling apart.

Any advice ? is there anything i can do please ?

thanks in Advance.
Dear Aboud,

Most probably, your application is stuck in the police clearance level/ security check level. You can still try is to email them through the web-form again. Please remember that the web-form will take at least 5 working days to reply.

I have used it (web-form) quite a number of times. The most recent I used it was on the 3rd of August, asking them to process my application faster, they replied to me on the 16th of August, stating that they will forward the e-mail to the concerned department.

Funny thing is, I got a passport request e-mail from them on the 14th of August.

It is already stated that the Singapore visa office will never reply to your e-mails when your application is still open.

I know my post would not help you much, but Just to let you know, there is still hope. I also applied to Calgary for MBA this fall.

Send them e-mails again at spore.immigration@international.gc.ca
Send the same e-mail on the web-form.

You are on a fully funded PhD, there is no reason for them to reject your application. Be strong, and pray that your process gets faster.

We all forum members are with you. I will also pray for your faster processing.

Thanks