+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prerequisites for Canadian PR

Sriram

Apr 24, 2008
I am an Indian and will be going to Canada this fall to pursue my MBA. I have a little over 2.5 years of full time work experience in Information Technology. I have already applied for Students visa and it is under processing.

I want to apply for a PR as soon as I land in Canada. The problem is that I only have 63 points and 67 is the minimum required. I guess taking a French course is the only way to increase my points now. Is there any other way out?

Also, how do we prove our English proficiency? Is Toefl score considered?

What is the requirement for Citizenship? Do we have to stay in Canada for 3 years after getting a PR in order to be eligible for citizenship?

Thanks,
Sriram

GK

Dec 18, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2008
Passport Req..
20-07-2008
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2008
LANDED..........
01-10-2008
I guess once you have your MBA you'll have enough points to apply as skilled worker.

I don't know anything about what proof of language skills they require?

Sriram

Apr 24, 2008
Is it possible to file for PR even if we fall short of 4 points? Can the points be waived off depending on the person's profile and skills?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Sriram said:
Is it possible to file for PR even if we fall short of 4 points? Can the points be waived off depending on the person's profile and skills?
You can apply, but it will very likely be refused. There is substituted evaluation, but in most instances this is where the I/O feels that the applicant, although having sufficient points, will not be able to establish in Canada. So the the applicant is refused.

PMM