+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR RO not met, not from exempt country wanting to travel or live in Canada

fvrubio

Sep 9, 2014
I am writing to ask for confirmation on all the informations that I have read through this forum.

I have decided to forego about my PR status a year ago since I know I can not fulfill the 730 days requirements. I have decided to stay outside of Canada for financial reasons (definitely not acceptable if I have to plea, if I get reported). But after learning about this forum, I learned that I still have a chance of renewing it. The only way is to enter Canada before my PR expires, which is before July 2015, and pray hard that I will not be reported. And if I get reported and plead, but as I say my reasons are not acceptable, but as I read it takes 1-2 yrs before a decision is made, if it take 2 yrs to decide, by then I should have completed my 730 days requirements, can I re-new my PR then and will be accepted?

Okay, if finally I decided to forego of my PR simply because I don't want to take all these risks, but then I read that you never loose your PR status even you never met the RO, so it will be difficult for you to travel back into Canada even if you're just visiting. How then should I travel into Canada if I come from a non-exempt country? I read that I should apply for TRD (not sure if this is the correct one), but then you will be denied as your PR is expired. So by then, you should request to revoke your PR. How to revoke? Is there a document to fill up? What's the processing like? What's the timeline? Because I still want to enter Canada as most of my friends and relatives lives there.

I have from now till before July 2015 to weigh out and plan things, so I am asking for some guidance and possibly some experiences from other people who have been on this dilemma.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

fvrubio said:
I am writing to ask for confirmation on all the informations that I have read through this forum.

I have decided to forego about my PR status a year ago since I know I can not fulfill the 730 days requirements. I have decided to stay outside of Canada for financial reasons (definitely not acceptable if I have to plea, if I get reported). But after learning about this forum, I learned that I still have a chance of renewing it. The only way is to enter Canada before my PR expires, which is before July 2015, and pray hard that I will not be reported. And if I get reported and plead, but as I say my reasons are not acceptable, but as I read it takes 1-2 yrs before a decision is made, if it take 2 yrs to decide, by then I should have completed my 730 days requirements, can I re-new my PR then and will be accepted?

Okay, if finally I decided to forego of my PR simply because I don't want to take all these risks, but then I read that you never loose your PR status even you never met the RO, so it will be difficult for you to travel back into Canada even if you're just visiting. How then should I travel into Canada if I come from a non-exempt country? I read that I should apply for TRD (not sure if this is the correct one), but then you will be denied as your PR is expired. So by then, you should request to revoke your PR. How to revoke? Is there a document to fill up? What's the processing like? What's the timeline? Because I still want to enter Canada as most of my friends and relatives lives there.

I have from now till before July 2015 to weigh out and plan things, so I am asking for some guidance and possibly some experiences from other people who have been on this dilemma.
1. If you are reported, the days in Canada between the report and the decision don't count for residency.
2. If you apply for a TD and are refused and you don't appeal within the 60 days, or waive the appeal period, you are no longer a PR.