+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Requirements

Discussion in 'Canadian Experience Class' started by priyum521, Jun 20, 2011.

  1. Hi,

    I have a two years valid work permit. I am employed as Senior Programmer Analyst. I would come to Canada next month.

    I want to apply for PR. Could anyone tell me, when can I apply and what are the pre-requisities.

    Thanks in advance.
  2. If your employer is willing to offer you a full-time permanent job after you start working in Canada and you meet the points requirements, you can apply as a Federal Skilled Worker - Category 2, after you arrive and start working in Canada.
  3. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp
  4. Helllo,

    how can i get PR in Canada after 2 years work permit in British Columbia with Skill Level C , Also Tell me that ilets is compulsory ? if yes , how many Ilets Bands are require for PR with Skill Level C after work permit. & tell about other terms & conditions if any ..


  5. You are not eligible for PR using CEC or FSW with work experience in Skill Level C. The only possibility may be some of the provisions under the BC PNP pilot project for certain occupations (hotel, restaurant industry) but that program looks like it's going to end in August.
  6. Thank you.

    My employer offered me fulltime & Permanent employment [valid work permit is required is mentioned in Offer letter].

    could you please let me know what is the category 2 and where can I get more information.

    Thanks lot.
  7. This is FSW - Category 2: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-employment.asp
  8. You will see from the link provided by Leon that the job offer must be in a Skill Level 0, A or B position. And you still need to meet the requisite points passmark of 67.
  9. Thanks lot for all you replies.

    I have last question, is language test compulsory even if I get 67 points.

  10. p. 8 of the application guide:

    "You must submit language test results from a designated testing agency to the CIO with your application.
    For your application to be eligible for processing, you must include the results of one of the following language tests from a testing agency designated by CIC:
     IELTS: International English Language Testing System (General Training test only)
     CELPIP: Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (General test only)
     TEF: Test d‟évaluation de français

    If you do not submit the results of your official language proficiency test with your application to the CIO, your application will not be processed and will be returned to you as incomplete."
  11. Thanks Lot for your reply.

Share This Page