+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr renewal process

Kikiwa

Jan 30, 2015
Hello,
my pr card will expire on September 11, 2015 do I need to renew exactly 6 months before this date and if I need to be in person in canada for the application?
Thank you.

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
You can apply for renewal of PR Card 9 months before expiry (please confirm from CIC contact center).
Yes you need to be present in Canada in order to apply for renewal of PR Card. Though you can go outside Canada after applying and come back before getting it expired.

Kikiwa

Jan 30, 2015
Thank you canvan003 for your answer,
is it ok if I come to canada on April 10, 2015 and apply for the renewal will that cause any problems or delays in my application knowing that I will stay in canada until I get the new pr.
Thank you

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Kikiwa said:
Thank you canvan003 for your answer,
is it ok if I come to canada on April 10, 2015 and apply for the renewal will that cause any problems or delays in my application knowing that I will stay in canada until I get the new pr.
Thank you
As long as you have lived 730 days (2years) or more out of 5 years in Canada then you can enter whenever you want. It won't cause any problem at all.

chan_341

Feb 4, 2015
Hello my PR card getting expired in june 2015

i went to india twice ....so in the section C of the form for PR RENEWAL : there is address history

1.) do i need to give only address of canada where i stayed in past 5 years or do i need to include address of india also . as i stayed in india for 4 months when i first went and then when i went second time i stayed for 8 months. I hope it wont have any issue.

2.) in the work and educational history section there might be gap as i went to india ....please tell me how to fill up these sections

3.) Travel history : how to fill the PERIOD TO BE ASSESSED section

4.) in Travel history should i write the whole address of india and can i write (family visit) in reason of absence as i stayed there for near about a year in total.

5.)I dont have transcripts from my sons school. can i get them again.

thanks