+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal: Primary & Secondary IDs, CRA, etc - Need urgent clarification!

wahwah

Jun 30, 2011
Hello, This is quite a long post (sorry). I hope someone can advise/clarify. Thanks in advance.

I can't find my original COPR (the flimsy copy, I think). I only have a pcopy but it is before it was signed and stamped ;=(

My PR is expiring soon - this month; I landed almost 5 years ago. The date I became PR - at the back of my PR card -matches the my landing date stamp in my older passport. As of now, I have completed 762 days, mainly during the last 2 years.

Qts with reference to the Applications Guidelines.

1. Is it correct I can still go ahead to apply to renew my PR now without a copy of my COPR?

[I will try & find my COPR after I have renewed my PR.]

2. We are required to provide one copy of valid passport (primary identity document) as well as photocopies of all pages of all passports held in past 5 years (additional documents of proof of residence). My older and current (valid) passports cover the past 5 years.

Besides one (1) full set (ie all pages) of my older passport, do I p'copy Two (2) full sets of my current (valid) passport OR only one (1) set is sufficient to satisfy both the primary ID & additional proof requirements). Sorry, sounds like a dumb qt, but I want to make sure ;-)

3. If I provide a copy of my provincial driver's license as secondary ID, can I provide my most recent Inc Tax Assessment by CRA within the last 2 years as additional proof as I do not have any other income tax assessment by CRA?

5. I have a long list of address and travel history. Instead of printing additional 6-7 pages of the appropriate sections can I create an excel table with all the info in 2 sheets max and append to the application?

5. I have 3-4 China visa stamps -all in Chinese. They are short vacations, probably 3.5-5 years ago.The full dates were not completely stamped and also partly not clear. I dont know where to get a translation and is it worth it since the dates are not clear. Am I risking my application thrown back at me without translating these stamps?

Many Thanks!

wahwah

Jun 30, 2011
Hi can someone who knows some of the answers, PLEASE HELP.

Much appreciated. Thanks!!!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Yes you can apply.

2. Submit photocopies of both your passports all pages - this serves the 'residence' proof. Make one extra copy each passport of the bio data page - this serves the 'primary ID'. I suggest you staple the 'primary ID' bio data pages together and then staple/ bind/ group each full passport set separately so you will have 3 sets altogether.

3. Sure you can but I suggest also submit copy of the unsigned COPR document (make an additional copy of landing visa page and staple to COPR).

4. Excel/ Word table is ok as long as its clear. You need to have your UCI and signature on each page and refer to the relevant paragraph on the form.

5. With 762 days I would make the extra effort to get the stamps translated since this is what CIC clearly state they require for non English/ French documentation. If you were the CIC officer reviewing your case what would you do when you have a marginal days applicant with a seemingly patchy stamp history and 1 year NOA with no translations? If you don't include the translation CIC may just decide to RQ you! You could get your CBSA record of entries into Canada before applying to make sure your entry data matches what CBSA has.

wahwah

Jun 30, 2011
Many thanks for the very clear advice, Msafiri :)

I have my last 2 years of NOA from CRA ie 2013 & 2012 - sorry it wasnt clear.

The days count are based on all the entry & exit USA stamps (as I travel only via USA airlines when I leave Canada) in my passports, and they matches with my personal records. As you know, Canada Border doesnt stamp on every entry but zero on exit based on my experience.

You mentioned UCI ( Unique Client Identifier), is it also known as Client ID as shown in the COPR and also it matches the xxxx-xxxx (8 digits) ID printed on my PR card.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The 8 digit Client ID is one of the multiple UCIs an applicant can have. Its really the best UCI since it never changes so yes make sure its on any additional excel/word pages you submit.

wahwah

Jun 30, 2011
Hi Msafiri (or anyone).

I understand the suggestion in pt 3 -to submit my unsigned (also unstamped) COPR however Im also concern it may lead CIC to raise more questions (eg if it is lost why I'm not reporting it or worst did I enter Canada legitimately) and stop/delay processing my PR application.

I'm not reporting it lost until Im absolutely sure but meanwhile I want to focus on getting my PR application in.

Please advise. Thks

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As a wise man once told me best not to sweat the small stuff...the unsigned COPR you have is 'valuewise' to the applicatiion less important than the documents proving residence such as NOAs and passports pages. Its all you got though which is better than nothing for the secondary document. in any case CIC know you landed hence you were issued a PR Card.

If you want peace of mind get a police report for COPR loss and apply for a verification of status document. You can probably pay for the VOS online and include the receipt in your PR Card package as additional proof. The VOS will be needed for your citizenship application if your COPR turns out to be lost.

wahwah

Jun 30, 2011
Thks Msafiri.

When we send in ALL pages of our passports they do not have to be certified ExCEPT the page(s) where translation is involved ( if any) - is my understanding correct?

Thks.

wahwah

Jun 30, 2011
Hi, if non English/ French stamps are before I landed and more than 5 years ago - do I need to translate them?

Thanks in advance.

wahwah

Jun 30, 2011
Hi I have a qt regarding Use of Representative. Im the uncompensated Rep for my spouse. Im not using a Rep as I'm the one who is most familiar regarding our Immigration & PR history.

She completes and signs Form IMM 5476. There is this qt 10 in the Form which says " If your spouse is included in this request he must sign in the box provided."

Since Im representing her (and not another person), I DON'T have to sign in qt 10 - Right???

Thanks!!!