+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal application vs citizenship application

raptorss

Dec 13, 2014
Hello.
My citizenship application is in process since last summer. Now I need to apply to renew my PR card. However I notice that I gave a wrong information about my travel date at my citizenship application. I want to carry on with the correct information. Would CIC cross check travel history data in my PR renewal application with my citizenship application? If yes; would this cause a problem?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
raptorss said:
Hello.
My citizenship application is in process since last summer. Now I need to apply to renew my PR card. However I notice that I gave a wrong information about my travel date at my citizenship application. I want to carry on with the correct information. Would CIC cross check travel history data in my PR renewal application with my citizenship application? If yes; would this cause a problem?
They might and it could.

Your best bet is to send an 'addendum' for your citizenship application along with a note stating that you realized your mistake while applying to renew your PR card and would like to make sure that it is corrected on your citizenship application. If it is part of the application itself, a specific form, you can fill that form out again and then send it with a cover letter explaining the mistake.